Seven Years Back...First Meeting

"Ok class, attention! This is your new classmate." exclaimed a stern looking teacher continuing, "And his name is......"

"It's Prithvi, ma'am." I added as I noticed signs of hesitation on her face.

*Oh I forgot readers; my name is Prithvi.

"Yeah Prithvi, so tell all of us something about where you are from and all."

I was then facing a class of 50 and frankly speaking I was totally psyched up. I started a brief description of my previous school and stuff like that, when I was interrupted by a soft tender gasping voice.

"May I come in ma'am?"

There standing was a girl exhaling long breathes, which told that she ran like hell to reach there.

She was the cutest of the girls I ever saw till that date 'excluding my favourite actress'.

I was dumb struck.

That scene could be compared to movies where heroines make their stylish entries and all boys just stare at them with their mouths ready to be invaded by a fly.

Whatever happens I want her as my friend I said to myself, still busy staring at her. Just then harsh loud voice of our dear teacher came from my back, "Miss Reddy you are late again. Sorry I can't let you in."

"Please, please, please ma'am, please let me in." she pleaded in such a soothing way that, if I were in place of that rude teacher, I would've offered her a royal throne to sit on.

"Miss Reddy I will not listen a word, wait there until I finish my class."

In this short pleading session I made out that she was a South Indian. In that case I too was a South Indian and this reminds me that I didn't brief you all about myself; so here it is- I am a South Indian as I already said but sarcastically I have never been to South India, at least until 10th grade. I was born in West Bengal, brought up in Odisha and I did my schooling in a small town of Odisha, called Jharsuguda. Before that I was in another city nearby but because of my dad's job, we shifted to the above mentioned town. I was in 9th standard. My new school-'St. Marys' Higher Secondary School' was a convent. Coming to my appearance, I was a very average looking kid, more like a nerd on the outside with oily combed hair, high waist pants and a weird expression on my face, until I reached my college where everything changed, but back at school I was a weed. Getting attention of girls was next to impossible for me. So that info is suffice for next few pages.

So returning back to our Ms Reddy, I just knew her surname and nothing else about her till then. I was very curious to know her name but I couldn't help it. I was never so excited about someone. I really wanted to go and talk to her but then my inner coward conscious asked me a stupid question-What if she doesn't like me? What if she doesn't show any interest on me? I thought to be patient because I didn't want to mess up anything early.

After an hour that girl 'whatever Reddy' was in. She came straight towards me and sat just behind my bench; maybe it was her place. I didn't dare to look behind but was able to hear her slangs. She was showing her anger towards that teacher via words. Her friends were laughing and calming her down. I too was smirking a bit. Then suddenly a voice came from behind.

"Who is this guy?" she asked to one of her friend most probably pointing towards me. I suddenly turned back and replied, "I'm Prithvi; new admission."

"And you?" I continued.

"Oh! Yeah, I am Sneha." She replied smiling.

"And I am Soumya," a girl sitting beside her introduced herself.