Manali Trip 'redirected'

So after recalling every single bit that happened in between us during school days, I was amazed with a little fact; fact that, I liked 3 girls during my school days but only Sneha was the one who returned in my life again and the girls who never turned back were the girls with whom I wanted a relation, sooner or later. So according to one of my idol inspiration's quote- "What do we know...What have we learnt?"- I knew Sneha was not interested in a relationship, so expressing my love to her now would be just like proposing a deaf. And I learnt from my previous tragic 'experiences' that getting into a relation was not my cup of tea; which meant, even if Sneha accepted my proposal, which she wouldn't most probably, then also I have 101% chance of losing her just like in my past. So I decided to just, just, just and just be like old times- Prithvi, Sneha as "Mischievous Best Friends" rather than demolishing our friendly relation and making it a "Was-been". Now I had much time to express my love and not only a week.

By the way the above described quote was by Steve Paul Jobs. I checked for the time on my mobile and it was 5 of the morning, so I planned not to sleep but, after a rough day I needed some.

"Wake up idiot, Kumbhkaran!"

*Kumbhkaran; a giant from Ramayana, who slept for months and woke up only when he smelled something delicious.

My eyes were feeling bulky and I took couple of minutes to open my eyes and check, who was calling me "Kumbhkaran." And it was our story's heroine, standing beside me trying to wake me up. I greeted her with a smile but she in reply poured a glassful of water on my face. I jumped off the bed and all dizziness vanished in air.

"Are you mad?" I shouted in wonder.

"Not more than you; can you do me a favour and check what the time is?" she ordered me in a bossy tone.

Now I started searching for a wall clock but failed to find one.

"Where did the clock go?" I asked in surprise, still trying to find that clock.

And as I turned my face towards Sneha, I found that clock. She was holding it in her hands.

"Oh here it is!" I exclaimed humorously. But she was not in a mood to joke I think.

"Shut up stupid, its 11: 20a.m., and you wake up now?"

It was then when I saw what the time was. It was way too late but I slept for only 5 hours but who would explain that part to her? Not me, for sure.

"Oh yeah, it's too late."

"I am trying to wake you up from last one hour and everyone was trying it since 7 in the morning."

As she said this, I noticed that no one was in that room except her and me.

"Wait, wait. Where are the others?" I asked in doubt.

"They are in the garden, preparing for lunch, something special for me, so they restricted me to stay in this room till they come to take me. They tried to wake you up but you didn't, so they went without you, but wait! .....Don't change the topic...how you could sleep for so long, that too on my birthday?" she was furious again as she realized that I diverted the topic.

"See here, a girl whose favourite work is sleeping, is now trying to give a speech on 'not to sleep much.'" I burst into laughter as I said this. Just then a pillow landed on my face making my mouth shut. Now she started laughing. And there started a pillow fight which lasted for more than 15 minutes. We were 21 but were behaving like 12. This is what happens when good friends meet after a long, long, long gap.

"Okay, okay. I surrender."

Well, do you think I surrendered? No, never. The above line was her phrase. It's not always that a boy loses in a pillow fight.