Day One

Snowflakes stick to my eyelashes and I hear the quiet murmurs of shy girls gossiping. I frown to myself, noticing how nobody seems to be themselves. These girls look too cute and optimistic to be talking about others in the ways that they are.

I bring my hair back, setting my coffee down on the table in Biggby's. While checking my watch, I mentally groan. Well, I should feel lucky that I got myself a small coffee instead of my usual large.

Rushing out of the shop, I pass by a few people smoking cigarettes. Some warming their hands over a fire. And a few huddled together like penguins. My eyes search the city for the building I work at and I manage to locate it through the cloud of snow floating down on to my face.

The people around the city push through the large crowds and I try my best to join them. After what feels like a year of walking through an ocean of people, I squeeze through and jog over to the tall building that I work at.

I open the doors and guide myself into the warm air of the place and over to the elevator which consisted of two tattooed guys and a blonde girl. I nod at them giving the three a simple 'good morning'. They all smile at me and say the same back and the elevator opens to the floor I'm on. Surprisingly, the others walk out too.

I pass by a few of my patients who have appointments soon and I give them all a welcoming smile.

-

Satyriasis;
/ˌsatəˈrīəsis,ˌsā-/
noun
uncontrollable or excessive sexual desire in a man.

-

Being a Therapist isn't exactly the easiest job but it's definitely not the hardest. You see, I've gone through practically everything that my patients are going through now so I know how to help them fight through their debacles.

When I was younger, my Therapist told me how I would fit this job perfectly. At first, I didn't believe the man. Look at me now. I'm sitting in my own 'office', my notepad tucked into a manila folder.

My clock beeps, telling me that my first patient's appointment is ready and I stand up from my black, leather chair and open the door to call out their name.

"Elizabeth Tremblay," I mutter, not wanting to disturb other sessions going on. Elizabeth looks up from the magazine she's flipping through and sets it back on the table beside her. I step back into the room, glancing at the clock. Eight thirty sharp.

I motion for Elizabeth to take a seat on the leather couch facing me and she does so. As I open my folder to grab my notepad, she bursts out into tears.

I point my pen at the tissue boxes and she grabs a couple to keep in her hands. Elizabeth blows her nose and dabs at her cheeks to wipe off the tears. I silently wait until she feels ready to begin speaking about what is happening to her.

After a few moments, she gets herself back together and starts speaking. "I'm interested in two guys and they're close friends except I don't know if one of them is interested in me like their friend is."

I nod, writing a few notes down.

"What're their names?" I ask her, trying to get a clearer picture.

"Jason and Nathan," she tells me and I write that down too.

"Is there anything else?"

She shakes her head, 'no'.

"Which guy is which?" I ask Elizabeth. "which one is interested in you?"