Day Sixteen - Epilogue

Stepping out of the hospital is terrifying. What if something happens? I don't know for sure what could happen. It's just the thought of not knowing. I don't know who can appear. Who can hurt me? What can hurt me? It kills me not having a clue about this. 

I want so badly to know what my future holds me. What occupation will I take on? How will I be successful? Who's going to help me through this?

Thoughts flood my brain and I try to think about the things that my mom told me. To be honest, I can't think at all. My body is filled with nausea and fear. I can't focus on anything else. How will I make it to the car without throwing up? Lightheadedness takes over my body and I struggle to walk at my aunt's pace. She looks back at me and steps toward me. She wraps my shoulder around her neck and helps me get to the car without falling over. 

"Cecilia," she speaks. "You will stay in the guest room. Feel free to tell me if you need anything." I don't feel free to do anything

"Okay," I say, looking down, feeling confused for no real reason. 

She notices my fear and confusion and glances at me, trying to comfort me. "Lia, you'll be okay."

"Why did you come?" I question.

"Why not?"

"I'm sick."

"Your mother would've done the same," she scolds me.

"Don't bring my mom into this," I seethe. "She would have insisted I get the top care they provide. She's gone. Do not bring her up again."

"Lose the attitude," my aunt comes back. "You're not a princess, Cecilia."

"And you're not a queen," I glare.

"Sounds like we need to go straight to this psychologist," she gets in her car. "She's told me she's all open today."

I roll my eyes and sit down in the passenger seat. "Whatever."

-

I place my foot on the pavement which sits just ten feet away from my old work. Is she taking me here?

"Stay in the car," I snap at my aunt. She puts her hands up and drives away to a spot near the building. 

I walk over to the sliding doors and keep my head low. Glancing at the group of people waiting at the elevator, I sneak over to the stairs. I can't bear to let these professional people see me looking like this. 

Out of breath, I open the door to the waiting room and see the last name 'Reyes' above one of the doors. I take a seat a couple chairs away and realize that they're the ones who filled my room after I was fired. I'm engulfed with an awkward feeling as I hear the doorknob turn. Their laugh hits my eardrums and I close my eyes, already annoyed.

"Ah, it's the one and only," a female's voice says, I can hear her smirk loud and clear too. "Cecilia Anderson."

"Of course I'm the 'one and only'," I snicker. "I worked here."

"Silly," the lady fake laughs. "Come in."

I raise from the seat I had been in and step into my old office which now looks like a scene from My Little Pony. Life's fucking great, eh?

"So," Doctor Reyes sits down in her faux leather chair and lifts a rather thick folder with my name on it. "I've read up on you."

Oh, that's not creepy at all.

"And?" I raise an eyebrow, knowing exactly what's coming next.