Day Nine

sex
seks/
noun
noun: sex; plural noun: sexes
1.
(chiefly with reference to people) sexual activity, including specifically sexual intercourse.
"he enjoyed talking about sex"
Synonyms: sexual intercourse, intercourse, lovemaking, making love, sex act, (sexual) relations; More
mating, copulation;
informalnooky, whoopee, bonking, boinking, boffing, a roll in the hay, quickie;
formalfornication;
technicalcoitus, coition;
datedcarnal knowledge
"they talked about sex"

Today granted me some much needed silence. Don't get me wrong, I'd gladly get back to it with Jamie but I don't think I'd be able to move to even get up.

He's seated across from me, eating lo mein that we are sharing. Something about this feels completely different. A good type of different. Whenever he looks into my eyes there's a sense of safety, love, and most of all, the feeling that he's slowly going back to his old self. I can tell how he's become a lot happier lately and I think the sex was a good thing. Sure, he's addicted to it, but he is becoming exceedingly more capable of controlling his urges for it. In a way, having sex with him was rewarding. It could be taken as initializing the patients illness instead of restoring them back to their old self. But I have to take this each step at a time. Every time he and I have sex, it'll become spread out until he doesn't have anymore urges and he is cured.

"Do you want me to go back to my place later tonight?" Jamie asks me. I stop chewing for a moment, wanting to tell him no but knowing that'd sound creepy and obsessive.

Once I swallow the food, I answer him. "I mean, I don't want to keep you here if you need to get going."

"I don't need to go, nor do I want to go."

My stomach does weird flips and my cheeks heat up.

"Why not?" I ask him purely out of curiosity.

"I enjoy every minute that I spend with you," Jamie tells me just above a whisper. He says it almost as if someone is here listening in on our conversation. "and I want to make as many memories with you as I can. Just until I'm cured. I don't know what they'll have me do after that."

I sound almost possessive thinking this but I don't want anything to happen. These moments? I want them to be there forever. I want to continue them on for the rest of our lives.

"What if I said that I don't want anything to end?"

Jamie raises an eyebrow.

"I don't want to lose you," I tell him, practically pleading. "I've already given you all that I have. Showed you sides of me that not even my mother has seen. This is something that I'll never be able to let go of. I know, Jamie, it sounds absolutely crazy but I finally enjoy falling asleep with a man on my mind." I pause, staring down at my food. "I think I've finally found something to look forward to and it's you."

"Then I'll promise you that this will never end," he pats his knee, motioning for me to take a seat on his lap. I stand up and walk around the table to him and sit back down onto his lap.

"Pinky promise?"

"Pinky promise with a cherry on top." God, I think I might love you.

Jamie pushes a strand of my hair away from my face and behind my ear. His lips curve into a small grin. "You're beautiful, you know that?"

I look down at my thighs. I mumble a quiet 'no' and he brings my to look back into his eyes again with his thumb. I clear my throat. "I'm sorry...I'm not used to being complimented."

"You should be showered with compliments," Jamie whispers against my cheekbone.

"Why?"

"Because there's so much about you that is worth all of the commendation."