Day Fourteen

Jamie

"How's Cecilia been doing?" Katie asks me for quite possibly the fiftieth time.

"What's so important about her?" I snap. "when did she suddenly become your main focus?"

"I-I'm sorry," she takes a step away from me. "I've just been having some crazy thoughts lately."

"You like her, don't you?"

"So what if I do?" Katie glares at me. Fuck.

"Then there's going to be a problem."

"No shit," she crosses her arms over her chest.

"When did you start to like her?" I ask.

"When you were ignoring her and I had slept over at her place," Katie tells me. "look, I'm sorry for messing up but it's hard when you wake up spooning her. She's so easy to fall for."

"That's why I fell in love with her," I say, calming down a little. "I will never feel anything different from love."

"Trust me, Jamie, I know," she says. "it makes you feel manipulated, right?"

"She doesn't even know how much she lures me in," I mutter. "it's like I'm more addicted to a love life with her than a sex life with her."

"Why'd you ignore her though?"

"I wanted to feel the pain," I admit. "I wanted to feel the pain of being alone."

"You can't do that to yourself," she tells me. "how do you think Cecilia will react if you told her?"

"Not in a good way," I sigh. "I probably should since she's my therapist and all."

"Hey, the next time you think about living all alone, think about how bad it is on you," she tells me and I push my hair out of my face.

"I think I'm going to go tell her."

"She can't know about me liking her, though," Katie tells me.

"That's your secret to tell her."

My jaw clenches at the thought of Katie, who is like a sister to me, having a crush on Cecilia. Out of all people, my therapist that I have a secret sexual relationship with.

I stand up from my seat and take a deep breath. Tyler steps past me as I walk over to grab my keys.

My muscles tense up as I overhear Katie complaining to Tyler about my attitude. I don't have a goddam attitude. I roll my eyes and step out the door quietly. Just being around her pisses me off. I need to be with Cecilia. I need her to calm me down. I don't even care if we have sex or just talk. Just being near her would make me feel ten times better.

It feels like my trust for Katie is slowly disappearing. All she's done lately is be with Cecilia and now that I know she's fallen for her, only God knows what can happen.

I get close to running a few red lights and speeding through stop signs but my mind tells me that I need to keep myself together and just lose my shit when I get to Cecilia's place. That might be a bad idea but at this point, if I don't get my anger out somehow, I'll end up dead. I just can't crash the car on the way there. Quite honestly, if I break any laws, I'm screwed and I'll probably fight a police officer.

When I drive up to her place, I can see her angrily pacing on the phone. Her bum peeks through her shorts and her hourglass figure is intensified by her boobs sitting to the side with no bra to hold them up. I drive around the block to the back entrance of her place. I'm surprised I haven't crashed from her boobs being loose. Holy shit.