Day Four

Jamie

Wanting Cecilia right now is by far the most inconvenient thought possible.

"Jamie, we are at a football game," Katie mutters. "I know you want her, but this is worst place you could ever get hormonal at."

"I know," I sigh in distress. "I barely have control of my body anymore, though."

"I'll go get her," Katie tells me and I let out a deep breath that I hadn't known I was holding in.

I glance past the people in the crowd and notice Cecilia smiling and laughing with a guy that is ten times better looking than I am. My heart thuds in my chest and I'm terrified that she's not interested like she says she is. I don't know how I'd be able to take that since I've already fallen deeper than I should for her. The entire situation is going to enervate me and I'll end up getting suicidal again. I promised Katie I wouldn't bring myself down like this but Cecilia will either make me feel great or my own anger for myself can cause the demons inside to become hostile. They're so dang obnoxious sometimes-scratch that, most of the time.

Cecilia waves goodbye to the guy she was talking to and she and Katie make their way towards me. I swear to god, if I see her with that guy again I'll-

"You needed me?" Cecilia breaks me from my thoughts.

"I...uhm," I mumble, my heart pounding in my chest. I clear my throat and take my SnapBack off, bringing my hair back as I stare off into the distance. I put the hat back on my head and glance back down at Cecilia. Her eyebrows are raised and has a slight curve on her lips. "can you come with me?"

"Sure," she nods and tells Katie that we'll be right back.

She follows me over to a dark area where nobody is around and I stop in my tracks. Cecilia accidentally walks into my shoulder and blushes immediately. She mutters a quick 'sorry' before I pin her against the wall.

"J-Jamie," she whimpers.

"Who was he?" I growl into her ear.

"His name was Dun-wait why the hell would it even matter to you?" she glares. "we aren't dating."

"Has it ever occurred to you that I really don't want to lose you?"

Cecilia stares deeply into my eyes but the frown on her face doesn't leave. "no, it hasn't."

"I thought it was pretty obvious," I grip her hip and pull her body closer to mine. I know that she knows how obvious it is. But I also know that she doesn't want to believe it.

"Not the slightest bit," she swallows and blinks, excitement showing in her eyes. Yet she refuses to uncover it.

"C'mon, even I know how noticeable it is," I say, huskily. "stop trying to deny it. It's just going to stress you out." She stays silent and I once again speak. "now, Cecilia, who was he?"

"He helped one of my clients with getting her ex behind bars," she whispers. "his name is Duncan and I had wanted to thank him for helping out."

"You looked like you were flirting with him," I say in a deep voice, my teeth clenching together.

"Jamie..."

"What?" I snap. "is it too much to just say that I want you in more ways than one? Seeing you with someone that is obviously way better than me just kills me."

"Well I can't stand when someone tries to tell me that you hurt everything that gets in your way because I know it's not true but now I'm not sure because the way your voice is sounding is scaring me."