Chapter Twenty Four♥

A much needed re-cap: The gang went to Miles's bonfire party which resulted in Violet and Jade to have a fight because Violet was blaming Jade for leading Edward on which caused him to kiss her. Jade was mad at Violet because she was all over Jared and snapped when Violet called her a slut. Jade tried to hit Violet but as prevented by Jared who pulled her away, the argument was left unresolved. The chapter ended with Jared and Jade rekindling their romance even after Jade suggested that it would be better if they were just friends.

In the last chapter Jared took Jade to a carnival on their first date. We learnt that Jared has a brother and that he had a slightly strained relationship with his parents, we do not know why this is.

My knee bounced anxiously as I looked around the coffee shop. It was packed due to the fact that it was November and it was dark and gloomy outside. It seemed that everyone craved the new Costa menu which included apple ice tea and pumpkin spiced lattes. I had decided on the latter but I hadn't been able to take a sip in my worry.

I glanced down at my phone once again, my screen lighting up as I unlocked my phone. The picture of Adrianna and I caused me to smile, we had taken it the other night after my date with Jared. Adrianna was pulling tongues, her two fingers behind my head while I grinned; a wide and breathless grin as I pressed my cheek against her to take the picture.

I checked my messages and shakily exhaled when I saw that I had in fact received a text from Violet.

I'm five minutes away x

I felt some sort of relief that she had added a kiss; a small but comforting gesture. I had gotten a text message from Violet yesterday, it was short and sweet, she had just sent a message saying that she wanted to talk and after a few minutes of thought I had accepted. We had arranged to meet in Costa seen as it was only a few minutes walk for both of us.

I had no idea what would happen when we saw each other. The last time I saw Violet I was trying to rip her hair out like a wild animal and she had been a bitch, claiming that I had lead Edward on even when she had seen with her own eyes that he had been the one to kiss me. I was tired of the whole thing - it was all so petty. Violet and I had been friends for years, it was stupid to let a boy come between us. I was ashamed about how I had reacted, I should have been there for her, tried to explain that I had never meant to hurt her.

I sipped at my latte, the warm spicy drink warming me up and causing me to relax my stiff posture. I fiddled with my hat as I scanned the cafe, faltering when I saw Violet walking towards me. Her face was nervous, her brown eyes flickering between me and the floor. She stopped in front of me, her feet shuffling awkwardly.

"Hi." I whispered; finally breaking the silence.

"Hey." Violet smiled weakly as she took the seat opposite me. "I wasn't sure if you would turn up." She admitted as she took off her purple gloves.

I didn't say anything, only shrugged my shoulders.

"I wouldn't have blamed you if you didn't come." Violet said quietly, her eyelashes brushing her cheek as she looked down at her hands. "I've been horrible to you."

"Vi, we've both been as bad as each other." I reassured her. I felt my eyes tear up as I reached across the table to envelope her hand in mine, "I'm so sorry I tried to hit you. I can't believe I did that."

"I provoked you." Violet protested, her eyes closing as she winced at the memory, "I was all over Jared. I knew it would bother you because I know you like him, no matter how much you deny it. I just wanted you to feel how I felt...it was stupid."