Chapter Sixteen♥

A/N - This chapter is dedicated to olivia_coleman92 for her lovely comment on the previous chapter! Your comment made my day!  Also big thank you to Kholoudb for the brilliant banner on the side!

        I apologise in advance if anyone is offended by this chapter!

          “I am so pumped for this movie!” Lucy squealed excitedly.

          She looked like a little kid on Christmas Eve the way she was bobbing up and down on the balls of her feet as we stood in a queue outside the cinema theatre.

          We had been waiting in line to see The Purge: Anarchy for the past fifteen minutes. It was a Saturday night and after the worst week of my life, Lucy had declared that we must have a group outing to cheer us up, although I had a sneaking suspicion she was just using that as an excuse to see the film, she had been ranting and raving about it for at least two weeks.

          “How are we still queuing? I thought we were early!” Edward frowned when he and Violet joined us in the queue. They had gone to get snacks five minutes ago after Edward claimed he could absolutely not watch a film without popcorn. Violet had eagerly said that she would come with him because he might need help carrying the drinks, although Lucy and I both knew the real reason behind it.

          “We are early.” I said after glancing down at my watch.

          “It’s just because it’s a popular movie, lots of people are very eager to see it!” Lucy snapped defensively.

          I laughed, “No one as eager as you though Luce.”

          We continued conversing until finally a member of staff ushered us through after checking all of our tickets. We walked into the dark theatre and spend a good ten minutes fumbling around in the dark trying to find our seats. I settled into the end seat and Edward took the one beside me. I mentally cringed as I watched Violet practically lunge into the other seat beside him before Lucy even had the change. Lucy and I exchanged a knowing glance before she took the seat beside Violet.

          “Do you fancy sharing some of that Edward?” I asked innocently as I watched my best friend scoff down his popcorn.

          Edward stilled for a moment before he turned his head in my direction. I couldn’t help but giggle at his outraged expression, it was even funnier because he had yet to swallow the buttery treats, which meant that his cheeks were full, reminding me of a crazed hamster.

          “Jade, you know how I feel about sharing food.” Edward chastised, “Especially gorgeous food like popcorn.”

          “Oh I know how you feel about sharing, you nearly cut my hand off for stealing a slice of your pizza a few nights ago!” I jibed playfully. “But I just thought you would find it in your heart to give your best friend some popcorn, especially since she has had just about the worst week of her life.”

          Edward chewed silently, his brown eyes watching me careful. He sighed dejected after a few minutes before he slowly moved the bucket of popcorn towards me.

          I took a small handful and shoved the entire content in my mouth before he could change his mind. I laughed when I saw him watching me sadly, he was acting as if I had eaten his babies, not his snacks!

          “Thanks Edward.” I smiled and quickly leaned forward to press a kiss on his cheek.

          He rolled his eyes but smiled, “Yeah yeah.”