Chapter Fifteen♥

I felt as if everyone was staring at me. Their eyes burned into my skin and I felt my insides shrivel up and die with embarrassment. I ducked my head down and pulled the bobble out of my hair so that fall over my face and obscured the view of my crimson cheeks.

            “Have you seen the picture on Facebook?”

            “Well, this is awkward!”

            “I knew he didn’t like her!”

            “I kind of feel sorry for her.”

            “Jared and Immy were snogging! Haven’t you seen the picture?”

            I was humiliated! I couldn’t believe that I had even put myself in this position in the first place. I had allowed myself to be vulnerable that night, and in result I had made it so easy for Jared to hurt me. I was so frustrated with myself, why hadn’t I just listened to my instincts? They had been screaming at me from the beginning to stay away from that stupid blonde haired, shiny eyed twat, but of course I had been too stupid to listen.

            Why had I even gone to the dance with him? It’s not as if he could have actually forced me to go with him, and so what if I owed him after he begged Aiden and Axel for a lift home, it’s not as if I had signed a binding contract which stated that I had to do exactly what he said.

            Why had I told him I wished he had kissed me?

            I groaned and slapped a hand to my forehead. All I wanted right now was a large black hole to open in the ground, I would happily jump into it instead of facing the pitying stares from practically everyone at Easton High.  

            “Jade,” A stern voice said from beside me. An arm linked through mine and I was tugged towards the person. I glanced up to see it was Violet, even though I knew it was her as soon as I smelled her familiar expensive perfume.

            “Hey.” I greeted her miserably.

            “Why are you hiding? You haven’t done anything wrong. He’s the arsehole, not you.” Violet comforted me. Her eyebrows were drawn together with concern, her free hand rubbing my forearm.

            I chose to forget about the way she had behaving recently due to the fact that she was being so nice to me, gestures like this made me remember why she was one of my best friends.

            “Have you seen him yet?” Violet questioned.

            I froze as my eyes frantically searched the crowded hallways. I relaxed slightly when I didn’t catch any sign of the familiar blonde windswept hair and cocky smirk.

            I shook my head, “No, and I don’t plan on it.”

            “Jade, you have English second lesson, you can’t ignore him when he sits right next to you.” Violet reminded me regretfully.

            “No!” I exclaimed angrily, “I can’t be stuck between him and Darren for an hour and a half!”

            “Shit, I forgot about Darren.” Violet grimaced.

            “Violet, what did I ever do to deserve this?” I moaned, feeling completely sorry for myself. I rested my head on her shoulder as she continued to lead us in the direction of registration and her brown eyes looked down at me with more pity than I could ever fathom.