Chapter Thirteen♥

Dedicated to XxVampGirlxX for making the brilliant cover on the side!

            By flying, I literally meant I flew across the room.

            Someone had a hold of my bicep, their fingernails digging into my flesh as they roughly yanked me out of the closet. I stumbled when someone pushed me into the cold wall of the hallway, I leaned against it and blinked, I was feeling disoriented from the sudden movement, not to mention I had had way too much to drink.

            “Jade! What the hell are you thinking?” A masculine voice chastised me. I groaned as I recognized who the voice belonged to, of course it would be him!

            I reluctantly looked at Darren, who was shaking with anger. The sight of him seething in his Batman costume made me erupt into a fit of tipsy giggles. I knew my reaction wasn’t what Darren was expecting as his eyes practically bugged out of their sockets.

            “Jade, why are you fucking laughing? This is serious!” Darren whined. I almost expected him to stamp his foot in frustration by the way he was acting.

            “I’m sorry, it’s just…” I failed yet again to control my laughter, “You look ridiculous.” It was true, his costume was way too tight, especially around his thighs which made it appear as if he had a horrendous wedgie.

            “Jade, what the hell were you doing with him in there?” Darren huffed. He wrapped his arms around his chest as he waited for my reply.

            I cleared my throat awkwardly, “I don’t know.”

            Of course I knew what had actually happened, I had momentarily gone crazy and had almost let Jared Felton kiss me. Of course, now that I was out in the open was no longer pressed against Jared’s delicious body, I was thinking clearly. It was probably just the drink, people often told me I went a little out of control whenever I consumed alcohol, which was why I tried my best to stay away from it, which was obviously the reason I had wanted to kiss Jared, it had nothing to do with physical or emotional attraction whatsoever.

            “I think it’s pretty obvious what we were going to do before you ruined the moment, which I have to say, is a major dick move.” Jared sighed. He re-appeared from the janitors’ closet, a smirk on his lips.

            “Why is it that you have an obsession with my girlfriend?” Darren snarled. He lunged forward and grabbed Jared by the collar of his top.

            The smirk on Jared’s face was immediately replaced with a mask of cool anger. He pushed Darren’s hands off him roughly and took a step closer to him so that he towered over Darren’s smaller form.

            “Jade’s not your girlfriend.” Jared said lowly. “And I think you’ll find that it’s you with the obsession.”

            “You think you’re so hard don’t you Felton, strutting around like you own the place, like you own her,” Darren spat, his head twitching in my direction, “But you’re wrong. I was here way before you, I own this place and I own her, you hear me?”

            “Oh really?” Jared chuckled darkly. He leaned forward so that he was right in Darren’s face, his eyes glinting with rage. “Well if you own her, why was it that we were about to snog the hell out of each other a few minutes ago?”