Chapter 5. Emma

Chapter 5. Emma

Back home after a tiring day posting 'Keep safe this Halloween' leaflets through people's doors, Emma was glad to finally rest her feet. David arrived home not long after she had. "Find out anything about that cloak?" Emma asked as she watched her father pick Neal up out of his pram. "Nope, Hook was clean, well he wasn't clean but he didn't have any stolen objects". Emma chuckled. "Your mother and I were thinking about taking a hike tomorrow morning, could you look after Neal for us? I asked Belle but she already has plans". "Sure" Emma yawned, reaching out for her baby brother. She peeked down on his chubby face and let him latch onto her finger with his tiny hand. "I've just left Regina in the woods" Mary Margaret told as she stumbled through the door. "And?" David asked. "She was kind of upset, but I have a feeling she's going to be ok, if not, I better find a place to hide" she joked. Emma took Neal over to his crib and lay him down. "I'm going in the bath" She said stretching. "You're not going to eat with us first?" Mary Margaret asked, a hint of disappointment in her voice. Emma shook her head and traipsed upstairs. David and Mary Margaret looked at one another and shrugged before heading into the kitchen together to prepare their dinner.
Emma placed her toe under the tap and just stared helplessly as countless water droplets dripped onto her flesh. "You're going to get wrinkly in there" a cheery voice giggled. "What the heck?" Emma called out covering up her bare body, causing water to splash onto the floor as she moved. "Sorry, I'll look away" the voice said. Emma rolled her eyes as she caught a glimpse of a golden blob out of the corner of her eye. "What do you want Tinkerbell? Couldn't this have waited until later?" Emma gasped, desperately trying to hide her body from the pixie at the window. "If I waited until you got out of this bath it would be too late. I'll wait in your room, get dressed we have to talk" Tinkerbell chuckled. Emma rolled her eyes and then stepped out of the bath, wrapping herself in a warm fluffy towel before entering her bedroom. Tinkerbell lay across the bed. "Comfortable?" Emma asked closing the door behind her. "Yes" Tinkerbell answered, "But I came here to talk about your soulmate", "Woah, hey look sister, I've just dumped Hook", "I know, I'm a pixie" Tinkerbell said pointing her wand at Emma. "Where's this going Tink? I kinda want to go to bed". "You can't go to sleep yet, I've found your new soulmate". Emma peered at Tinkerbell. "But I'm tired! Anyway I thought Hook was my soulmate?", "He was, but now he's not, your heart is elsewhere", "I think i'd know if my heart was 'elsewhere'", "See that's the thing, you DO know, at least your heart knows where it belongs, your brain hasn't clicked on yet. That's why I'm going to lead you there, to your true love" Tinkerbell pounced to her feet excitedly. Emma groaned, "Are you for real?". The fairy nodded, "All you have to do is" she spoke, lifting her hand, revealing a fistfull of glitter, she then blew the sparkling dust into the air and it formed a route leading across the street, "Is just follow the glitter, and there your true love will be waiting". Emma now grew curious as to who could be awaiting her arrival, she suspiciously eyed Tinkerbell and then nodded. "Ok, but I'm not going in this towel" she mentioned grabbing her jeans off a hanger and redressing. "If you leave now you may get there first" Tinkerbell smiled, and with that she fluttered away leaving Emma to prepare for her mysterious walk to true love.
The gold glitter lingered over the empty road, carrying on further than she could tell. It first led her down the front yard and past Atlantic Twine and Net. Then past Granny's and the animal shelter, straight past the garage and the clock tower. Emma's teeth chattered as the air grew colder, but she didn't turn back, she wanted to learn the identity of this soulmate of hers. After almost twenty minutes of following the glittering dust she arrived at what could only be the final destination; the graveyard. There was nobody around. "Great" Emma moaned "Did my soulmate die from the cold or something?" she asked no one in particular. She sat down on a damp bench and waited for a sign, a person, somebody. Her phone suddenly started to ring, 'Henry calling', "Hey Kid" she said answering her son's call. "How do I cook pizza?" he asked. "You just bung it in the oven, why where's Regina?" Emma asked curiously. "She said she had to go meet someone, I don't know, she was in a weird mood" Henry told. "Oh right" Emma disclosed. After that she saw what looked like another trail of glitter. 'Did I go wrong?' She asked herself. "Kid I gotta go, try not to burn the house down" she then hung up and rose to her feet. Somebody was coming, a movement by the bushes made her nervous. "Well here goes" she whispered, patting her thighs nervously. The figure wasn't as tall as she was expecting, it was also slim, whoever it was, he wasn't some hunky muscle man. Emma's heart began to thud as the person drew closer, she bit her lip and waited. All of a sudden the figure became clearer, it wasn't her true love. It was Regina. Emma stared ahead and waited for her to get closer before speaking. "Regina, what are you doing here?" she asked when the time was right. Regina took her hands out of her pockets. "Blame Tinkerbell" she said frustratedly. "What?" Emma gasped. "I'm supposed to be meeting my true love" she said pushing past to sit on the bench. "Why are you here?" she added looking up into Emma's misty green eyes. "S-same as you" she stammered from the cold. "Great a double date" Regina cried in false excitement. Emma sat next to Regina and waited for the next person to show up.
"How long have you been here?" Regina asked impatiently, "I got here five minutes before you did" Emma said truthfully, beginning to grow tired of waiting. "If this is a no show that fairy better watch out", "Tell me about it" Emma replied. She started twiddling her thumbs, Regina just sat glaring into the distance, her eyes following every potential human arrival. "This is ridiculous" Regina growled, "That fairy obviously hasn't forgiven me for getting her wings taken away" she added balling her fist. "I have actually" a small voice answered. Both Emma and Regina turned round to see Tinkerbell standing behind the bench. "Then where is this soulmate you told of" Regina asked sarcastically. Tinkerbell laughed, "Why, sitting beside you of course" Regina turned to Emma, Emma turned to the empty space to her left and then back again. "Wait, what?" Emma mouthed confused. Regina drew in a sharp breath, "Is this a sick joke?", "Nope, Regina; Emma is your true love, And Emma; Regina is your true love". Both women eyeballed each other. Tinkerbell then disappeared in a poof of smoke. "How is this even possible?" Regina asked as if it was the most ridiculous idea in the world. "You drive me up the wall, you're annoying and you get on my nerves" Regina snapped. "Well thanks but you're not exactly a barrel of laughs yourself" Emma growled. The two women folded their arms and huffed. Emma thought back on her memories with Regina. She thought of the awkward situations, the strange feelings and the lingering looks. Emma observed Regina's face, she could tell she was also thinking around the same lines. Of course there was a possibility that Tinkerbell had spoken true, it wasn't as if enemies couldn't become friends, or even lovers. She hesitated but decided to go with her gut and find out for herself what was really happening between them. Slowly Emma raised her shaking hand from her lap and placed it onto Regina's shoulder. Once again she relived the same feeling, her veins bursted with a tingling sensation, her mouth became completely dry and her heart began to slow. Regina stiffened and gasped as Emma's touch sent her body into a rush of satisfaction. Gradually she turned and glanced at Emma's confused face. At that very moment, their eyes locked and both of them felt a strange and overpowering rush of lust. Emma's heart rebooted itself and slammed continuously into her ribs as she looked deep into Regina's heart. Regina's mouth fell open, she was shocked and looked as though she had been slapped in the face. She never would have guessed that her one true love would turn out to be the savior. "Regina, I-" Emma faltered. Regina interrupted "Don't speak" Regina rushed, realisation swarming in her mind.
The blonde and the brunette continued to try and make sense of the situation. Everything around them seemed to fall away as they focused on each other. Emma's breathing hollowed, she gasped shakily tilting her head slightly. Regina's face changed from shock to tranquil. She instantly wanted to get closer to the blonde. Emma watched nervously as Regina summoned the strength to close in on her, their faces only inches apart. It was then that Emma knew what her heart was longing for. She'd always wanted somebody strong, smart and sexy to share her life with, and Regina was definitely all those things, if not more; as she looked deeply into Regina's eyes, Emma admitted to herself that she'd always found Regina attractive, but she'd never thought of it as a romantic thing, just a woman appreciating how another woman looks, that's normal isn't it? Turns out she may just be her unexpected dream come true. As Emma found herself lost in lust for the brunette, Regina unexpectedly held out her hand and set it gently upon Emma's cheek. Emma longed to know what Regina was thinking, did she feel something for her? Or was she trying to trick her? Were those lengthy stares rooted deeper? The touch to her face made her entire body tremble. Emma gritted her teeth and summoned the strength to find out what could happen between them. She counted to three in her mind and then closed her eyes and guided her lips to Regina's. Suddenly they found themselves locking lips, sharing a kiss that neither of them could have seen coming. A desperate yearning sored through Emma's body, she set her hand on Regina's waist and pushed herself harder into her as she got lost in the moment. The risk paid off, Regina held onto Emma's upper arms and kissed her back with an equal amount of desire. Regina licked Emma's bottom lip and moved on to exploring her mouth, letting her tongue run over each perfectly shaped tooth, their noses rubbing together as they found the perfect position. For a moment the two of them forgot everything and gave over their hearts as they let their imaginations run wild. Both passion and anger seemed to be the overwhelming vibe they gave off, but within seconds it was over and they both let go of one another and gasped for breath. Emma watched Regina's hand retreat and for some reason she thought of Hook. Immediately she felt guilty and even more confused. She jumped to her feet, taking one last look at Regina, who understandably looked somewhat unbalanced. She panicked, How could she do this to Hook? They were only on a break, he still loved her, he didn't deserve this. She took a few steps back, shaking, before running off into the darkness, not speaking a word.