Chapter 6. Regina

Chapter 6. Regina

Time seemed to disappear. Regina remained seated on the damp bench, alone at the graveyard. She stared aimlessly into the distance and tried to make sense of what had just gone on. She pictured Emma's face so close to hers that her features became a blur, she held her own hand where Emma had placed hers and she conducted the feeling of intense passion she had experienced with the savior. Her hands shook with pure adrenaline, her knees were so weak she almost couldn't stand. She was confused and turned on and angry. 'How could this be?' she asked herself, her voice failing. While her subconscious was screaming like an emotional teenage girl, her heart felt fresh, as if any broken parts had been healed thanks to Emma's embrace. She wanted to be disgusted with herself, she wanted to make Emma pay for this, but she couldn't. She tried to force her anger but instead her heart grew stronger. Emma had fixed her broken heart and broken her ability to hate her. She had ruined everything; again.
Regina lay awake most of the night, unable to sleep or think about anything else, no matter how hard she tried. Henry had passed out in front of the television with his hand in a packet of biscuits, so she needn't have explained where she'd been, not yet, she at least had time to come up with an excuse. It was getting late now and all the excitement and overthinking had worn Regina out. Once she climbed into bed she lay staring at the ceiling in the dark. The swirled pattern made for great focus but she couldn't concentrate on anything besides kissing Emma. She thought about the day she poisoned her apple turnover, she was going to kill Emma, the savior, the woman who ruined her quiet life with her son. Now she was sticking her tongue down her throat and holding her tight. "This is not what I had in mind" she whispered to herself, hoping the fairy was lurking nearby listening. Fortunately her eyes began to flutter and she slipped into a peaceful sleep, escaping from her deafening thoughts for a few hours.
"Mom?" a small voice cooed. Regina turned her head, "Mom, wake up" the voice spoke again. A groan escaped from Regina as she slowly peeled her eyes open. The first thing she saw was Henry's round face above hers. "Henry?" she asked stifling a yawn. "Mom, there's someone on the phone asking for you", "Who is it?" "I don't know" he shrugged climbing off the spacious double bed. Regina stretched and sat up, she threw back the duvet and trotted downstairs. Regina picked up the handset "You have disturbed my beauty sleep" she said forcing her tone to sound more annoyed than she actually felt. "My apologies love" the voice spoke, it was not easily recognised due to the 'change of voice' but Regina knew immediately who she was speaking to. Hook. "What do you want guyliner?" she asked with a bitter taste, now wishing she hadn't bothered leaving her bed to answer his call. "I want to know why the Evil Queen gets to see my girlfriend more than I do". Regina froze, her body broke out into a cold sweat as memories from the night before flooded back to her. "What do you mean?" she panicked. "I saw Emma leaving yours yesterday, and the day before, what are you now; Best friends all of a sudden?". Regina closed her eyes and thanked her lucky stars that he had not mentioned their meeting at the graveyard the previous night. Once she regained power and control of her voice she spat, "Myself and Ms Swan are no more than acquaintances who just so happen to share a son, we were discussing Henry and his academic performance. Also I remember Emma telling me that she had dumped you so, correct me if I am wrong but, I'm sure that means she isn't your girlfriend anymore. So I suggest that you stop following her about like a lovestruck puppy and get a hobby". The line went dead. Suddenly the thought of Emma being with Hook had filled her with a tension she couldn't even explain to herself, all she knew was Emma had gained power over her and she needed to find out what the hell was going on. Regina pulled a face and growled at the handset and then slammed it down. "Henry get a move on, I'm taking you to school early, I have something important to do" she blurted out stomping up the staircase. Henry watched in disbelief as his mom disappeared into her bedroom.
Regina donned a purple panelled dress and threw on a black blazer over the top before having a quick wash and running a brush through her hair. "Ready?" she called to Henry as she retook to the staircase. Henry stood at the front door waiting for her, with his bag on his back. Still weary of his mother's outburst, he swallowed and handed her her car keys.
"Have a nice day" Regina exclaimed, giving Henry a quick peck on the cheek before allowing him out of the car and onto the school grounds. She watched him enter the building and then sped off; ignoring the red light and making straight for Mary Margaret's apartment.

Outside the apartment Regina took a look in her rearview mirror, she scrubbed her finger over her perfectly white teeth, pursed her lips and took a deep breath. The morning sun appeared above, the clouds drifting into the distance. Looking up at the apartment window; she noticed a light was switched on. Somebody was home. "Okay" Regina sighed unbuckling her seatbelt and stepping out of the car. She made the short walk into the hallway and made her way to number three. The green door stood tall and intimidating as it kept Regina waiting outside. She clenched her fist and knocked on the wood, nerves taking over. Seconds later, the very person she had come to confront answered the door. Emma's green eyes locked onto Regina's brown eyes. Her mouth fell open and she stammered before speaking. "ugh, R-Regina hi" she wavered. Regina said nothing and pushed her way inside. "Is there anyone here?" she asked turning to expect the seemingly empty room. "David and Mary Margaret went on a hike this morning, they both took the day off, they're not due back until later tonight" Emma said calmly, pushing her true feelings aside. Regina bit down on her lip and closed her eyes tightly. She stepped forward and took Emma's hand in hers. Using the little strength she had, she directed her cold hand to her chest. Emma stayed silent daring not to question Regina's movements. As her hand came into contact with her old rival, she picked up on the beating of her heart. Regina looked down at her own hand, holding onto the saviors. Regina's heartbeat was fast, it beated rapidly. "How are you doing this to me?" Regina whispered, she sounded like a scared little girl. Emma swallowed and maneuvered her hand so that she was now clutching onto Regina's wrist. She pushed the Mayor's palm over her own chest and let her feel her own wild heart. "The same way you're doing it to me" Emma replied, a longing look bellowing into Regina's eyes. The two women stood staring at each other. "Emma.." Regina mouthed, her voice trapped inside. Emma's smile was languid, and barely made a change to her face. As she drew in closer she felt the savior's shaky breath caress her face. Regina muttered, her bottom lip quivering as her eyes stared deeply into Emma's. Emma tilted her head to the right and touched Regina's nose with her own. Opening her mouth slightly she took one last frightful breath before placing her lips upon Regina's. The warmth of her pink tongue filled her mouth and caused a glowering desire to coarse through her body, taking root in the pit of her stomach. Without warning Emma then pulled away. "No" she declared, "No, no" she repeated storming into the kitchen. Now even more confused than before she arrived, Regina left the apartment without another word and slowly sauntered through the corridor. Almost instantly the sound of footsteps emerged, growing faster until she was spun around to the way she had walked away from. Before she knew it, Emma threw herself into her, once again their lips positioned on top of one another. The blondes fingers ran wildly through Regina's short dark hair. Regina responded by manhandling Emma's body, letting her hands explore the saviors curves. Together the two women stumbled back into the apartment, neither letting go of the other as they found themselves falling onto the bottom of the staircase. The cold steel bit at Regina's skin as her silky legs rested on the metal step. Emma slid her hands over Regina's shoulders, forcing her blazer to fall to her elbows and then skim to the floor like a feather. "Emma" Regina moaned between kisses, she could barely catch her breath through the excitement and intimacy. Emma's hair fell into Regina's face as she bit down on her lip, sending sparks down her body. The only thing visible through the lashings of golden blonde hair were Emma's piercing green eyes. In one swift move Regina gathered all of her strength and stood up, holding Emma in her arms. Carefully she climbed the staircase and took Emma into her bedroom.
The pink wallpaper matched the patches on Emma's cheeks. As Regina dropped Emma gently onto the bed, she proceeded to undo the many tiny buttons holding her shirt together. Emma closed her eyes and let Regina continue to strip her down to her bra and cute blue boy shorts. Regina threw Emma's jeans onto the floor and crawled down closer to her almost naked body. Emma extended her arms and started to pull on the zip of Regina's dress. As the zip hurried down her spine, the purple dress ceased to a useless piece of fabric and found it's fate on the floor entwined with Emma's discarded clothing. Outside the window, birds chirped and cars drove by, oblivious to what was happening in the bedroom above the street.