Chapter 29. Emma

Chapter 29. Emma

Emma's boots thudded the ground as she sprinted to the garden in search of Zelena; who she found on her knees rummaging in the bushes for her heart. "You" she bellowed, loud enough for the whole of Wonderland to hear, as Zelena turned to see Emma running towards her with her family traipsing behind. The saviour clawed at her head, pulling her to her feet by her hair. Zelena let out a piercing scream as Emma threw her against the wall and followed it up with a punch to the face. A trickle of ruby red blood dripped from her lip. "Emma stop" Regina called, rushing towards her. Emma ignored her and held Zelena by the throat. "It was you wasn't it. You let me think my parents hated me" Emma spat. Zelena struggled for breath. "Emma stop it" Regina shouted again, this time pulling Emma away from the witch. "Emma what are you talking about?" Mary Margaret asked. "It was her, I had my suspicions but it's clear now, you and Lily, you abducted my parents and Neal and then you came back" Emma broke into angry tears, "You took the form of my parents and PRETENDED TO CARE ABOUT NEAL'S ABDUCTION. YOU PUT THE BLAME ALL ON ME". David and Mary Margaret looked more confused than ever. Zelena grinned, "It was your fault, you left a tiny baby alone to go, play, with your friend". This time Regina punched Zelena, adding more blood to her chin. "Can someone please tell me what's going on?" David blurted out. Zelena slid onto the floor once more and continued her frantic search for her heart, which happened to be nowhere in sight. "I was upstairs when Neal was taken" Emma stumbled thinking back to when it all happened. "A vase smashed in the kitchen, Regina tipped cocoa down her shirt, I let her borrow one of mine, I went upstairs with her and we- uh, then when I came downstairs Neal was gone". Zelena looked up from between a rose bush, "You forgot the bit where you had your tongue down her throat" she said sweetly before disappearing again. Emma let out a frustrated groan. Regina looked to the ground. "W-what?" Mary Margaret stuttered. Emma inhaled deeply. "Mom, Dad, I'm in love with Regina" she exclaimed, nervously. Both David and Mary Margaret gasped. Regina looked back up. "Y-you are?" Mary Margaret questioned. "Yeah, I love Regina, I'm in love with her. I really love her" Emma broke down. Regina flushed a bright shade of red and began to tear up with happiness as everyone else tried to get their heads around what Emma had just said. Silence flooded them, "If it makes any difference, I love her too" Regina said, a little embarrassed to reveal her deepest most heartfelt feelings in front of her sister and her girlfriend's parents. David sighed and threw his hands to his head, turning slowly around in a circle as he let the words sink in. "Ok, cool, great, good. Now tell me where my son is" he ordered. Zelena looked displeased that David wasn't questioning his daughter more, but she was glad to hear Mary Margaret speak up, "Emma, really?" she asked as if the whole thing could just be a lie. "Really Mom" Emma nodded. "Alright, well we can talk about this later, but Zelena, you need to give me back my son. How would you feel if someone took your baby away from you?" she tried the soft approach, and for the first time Zelena feared for someone besides herself. "You won't touch my baby" she grunted, getting to her feet. "No, No I wouldn't, all I'm asking of you is to put yourself in my shoes. Please, where is my son?". Zelena looked up to a window of the mansion, possibly her newborn's room. "He's not here" she whimpered. "Then where is he?" Mary Margaret asked again, through gritted teeth. "I don't know, I told the girl to hide him", "Lily?" Regina cut in. "Yes, Lily, the dragon girl. I told her if she helped me with this I would rid her of her darkness", "Can you even do that?" Emma asked. "No, but she didn't know that. Really, why would I rid her of darkness when she could cause so much pain to you and your family? Neal isn't in Wonderland, he never even left Storybrooke". "Zelena, please, where is my son?" David asked, clenching his fist. Zelena snarled, all of her perfectly straight white teeth on show. "Why don't you try the Pawnbrokers?".