Enemies

"Holy crap this bus is huge!" Maribelle exclaimed, and Anna giggled in agreement. They were exploring the bus, while Jennifer sat on her bunk, the curtain drawn, writing a poem in her notebook.

These are the consequences I face

The lines on my wrist I continue to trace...

She looked down at her wrist, under the bracelets she wore, the cuts she'd made last week barely starting to scar up. She brought her knees to her chest and sighed. She knew she had to get over Jeremy eventually, but she couldn't bring herself to do it right now.

"Jeremy!" Jennifer squealed in excitement as she saw her boyfriend hop off the school bus, back from summer camp. She ran over as he dropped his bag and jumped into his arms. He laughed.

"If I'm gonna get greeted like this every time I'm gone for a month, I should leave more often." Jennifer shook her head, and he laughed again.

"I missed you! It felt like you weren't ever going to come back!" Jennifer said, planting small kisses on his neck.

"I'll always come back to you Jennie." He said, and his lips found their way to hers, a happy reunion for the both of them.

"Jennifer!" she heard Pattie calling her, and looked up, quickly wiped her tears, and came out of her bunk. Pattie still hadn't gotten used to Jennifer's nickname, but she was slowly getting there. Jennifer met Pattie in the kitchen, and Pattie was making sandwiches.

"Yes Pattie?" she said quietly. Pattie handed her a sandwich.

"Could you please take that to Justin? And then there's gonna be one waiting for you on the table okay?" Pattie said sweetly. Jennifer nodded and gave Pattie a small smile and headed for Justin's room.

When she got to Justin's door she took a deep breath and knocked.

"Come in!" she heard, and opened the door, seeing Justin sprawled out on his bed, his phone above his head, typing away. She timidly smiled and showed him the plate.

"Awww you made me a sandwich?" he asked mockingly "I knew you'd warm up to me doll." Jennifer shook her head.

"Your mom asked me to bring this to you." She said in her usual quiet voice. Justin smirked and stood up to take the plate from her hands.

"Thank you Jennie." He said, and Jennifer froze completely, not knowing if he forgot again, or if he was doing it on purpose, just to upset her. When she saw the satisfied smirk on his face, she assumed the latter.

"Please don't call me that." She said quietly.

"Why?" he demanded. She merely shrugged.

"I don't like to talk about it." She said with another shrug.

"Why?" he demanded again.

"Why do I have to explain myself to you?" she snapped. Justin looked shocked, then angry.

"I think you forget who you're talking to," he said, his voice full of acid. "I'm Justin Bieber. Nobody talks to me like that. I have the ability to make your life hell, which is exactly what I'm gonna do. It looks like you've just created yourself a whole new enemy, Jennie." He said, causing Jennifer to freeze in shock. Justin smirked at her expression, knowing he got to her.

Jennifer swiftly went back to her bunk, and closed the curtain. She pulled her phone from her pocket and opened her twitter app.

@JennMendoza: have no clue what just happened, but I highly doubt it was a good thing. Sigh.