Like You'll Never See Me Again

"We can't let them take her off the machine, Scooter, there's gotta be some other way to convince them." Justin begged, and Scooter nodded.

"I know, Justin, I know. But... I'm not Jen's parents, and I can't change their mind for them. There's nothing we can do. I'm sorry."

"Sorry isn't good enough, Scooter! She can survive this, I know she can!"

"You don't think I agree with you, Justin?? Jen's like a daughter to me! but I can't change her parent's minds! I've tried!"

Justin sat back down and buried his head in his hands. "We can't just let her go like that. It can't be that easy. How long do we have until they shut her off?"

Scooter sighed and ruffled Justin's hair gently. "She's scheduled to be shut off in four days."

Justin looked up. "Why so long?" scooter smiled.

"The doctor said that's the soonest they can do it, but the doctor told me that they wanted to give them more time in case they wanted to change their minds. That, and they don't want to see Jen go that easily."

Justin chuckled lightly and shook his head. "Why does this have to happen to us, Scoot?"

Scooter shook his head. "I don't know, kid. We just gotta get through it."

"I can't let her go knowing that we never set things right. I can't let her go that easy. It'll make me feel like the world's biggest failure."

"I know, kid. I know." Scooter said, and pulled Justin in for a hug, a rarity for them. "We just gotta wait it out, and fight like hell for them to change their minds."

Justin nodded, then watched as Scooter left the room to talk to Denise and Randy.

Pulling out his phone, Justin opened twitter.

@justinbieber: not ready to say goodbye.

After that tweet, grief enclosed into Justin, and he pulled his headphones from his pocket, plugged them into his phone, and music started playing.

Alicia Keys's Like You'll Never See Me Again started playing into his ears, and Justin felt the tears that had been pooling in his eyes fall in a line down his cheeks as the memories flooded his mind.

If I had no more time, no more time left to be here

Would you cherish what we had?

"Babygirl," Justin muttered, burying his face in her neck and inhaling her scent. "I love you so much, Jen."

Jennifer giggled. "I love you more," she replied, and Justin felt his heart flutter pleasantly. He pulled away and placed his lips against hers in a featherlight kiss.

A groan escaped his lips as he pulled her closer to him by her waist and their lips danced together in sync. His tongue grazed her lip and she teasingly didn't grant him access.

"You're so mean." Justin mumbled, and Jennifer giggled.

"Swag so mean." She replied, and he playfully bit her bottom lip, causing her to moan slightly.

"Payback," he said smugly, and Jennifer giggled.

If I couldn't feel your touch, and no longer were you with me