Story Time

Several weeks had passed, and they were in Mexico for a concert. A few days after the concert, Jennifer was back in the dance studio; there always seemed to be one near or in the hotel they would stay at, which Jennifer was grateful for. Unlike the times where Jennifer would dance by herself, she was with Justin, Alex, Austin, Maribelle, and Celeste, and they were practicing their salsa. David was off exploring the city, along with several other dancers, and would be back by dinner.

"You're getting really good." Jennifer complimented Justin, who gave a breathy laugh and spun her around.

"Well you're a really good teacher." He replied, and Jennifer blushed and looked at the floor. When the music stopped, Jennifer pulled away from Justin and went over to the stereo system.

"All right, we're gonna work on lifts now. Everybody partner up." Jennifer said, and Justin, who was already standing next to her, put a hand on her shoulder.

"Partners?" he asked, and Jennifer shyly nodded, biting her lip. Alex partnered up with Celeste, while Maribelle partnered up with Austin.

"Selena, you're just gonna have to wait until we all switch again." Jennifer told Selena apologetically. Selena rolled her eyes and glared at Jennifer, who focused her gaze on the floor. Justin gave Selena a warning glare and turned Jennifer to where her back was to Selena.

"All right guys, remember what David taught you. Girls, get into position!" Jennifer cried, loud enough for everyone to hear.

"That's what he said!" Celeste cried, causing everyone in the room to laugh, except for Selena. Justin raised his eyebrows at the girl not even two inches away from him, as he heard her laugh for the second time. She certainly wasn't the girl he met three months ago. The problem is, Justin didn't know what kind of girl Jennifer was.

"All right ready? One... two... three!" and on the three, the three girls jumped and the guys caught and raised them "Now remember, if you feel like you're gonna drop her... actually, everybody down." With the lastinstruction, Justin brought her from above his head to her previous position in front of him, a confused look on his face. "I-I just thought it'd be safer if we were in the pool again." She said shyly.

"That'd probably be best." Justin agreed, and Jennifer gave him a small smile as Maribelle practically dragged her out of the room.

"Belle, my phone!" Jennifer cried.

"I'll get it." Alex said, and turned back for Jennifer's phone.

Everyone was changed into their bathing suits and in the pool when David finally showed up.

"Okay, Justin lock your arms. No, lock them! Ahh!" Jennifer screamed before she dove into the water for the fifth time. She popped back up laughing as Justin blushed. "It's all right, you're still learning. Let's try again."

David had paired up with Selena and was showing her how to jump properly, something she'd been having trouble with, and Alex, Celeste, Maribelle, and Austin were almost perfect with their lifts.

"All right, come on focus. Ready? One... two... three." Jennifer said, and was once again lifted above Justin's head, balancing herself. "Just focus on locking your arms. There you go!" Justin struggled to repeat what he'd just done, but ended up dropping both him and Jennifer. Justin groaned in frustration and Jennifer once again put a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "You'll get it. How 'bout we just take five? I have to go help Selena anyway."

Jennifer half walked, half swam over to Selena, who had just lost her balance and dived into the water. David sighed. Jennifer gave him a sympathetic smile and he returned it. When Selena resurfaced, embarassed and angry, Jennifer tried talking some sense into her.