Ten Stories Below

this is chapter is sad :'(

Jennifer sat quietly on a chair designated for a concert as Justin and Selena ran through a song together. Her head was hurting so much that she was forced to sit out until it subsided.

Over a week had passed since their argument, and Jennifer felt that she were distancing herself from Justin. So many conflicting emotions ran through her throbbing head she couldn't untangle them.

"Jen, do you think you feel better enough to get back up on stage and rehearse?" Scooter's voice pulled Jennifer from her thoughts and she looked up at him, nodding. "How's that bump?"

Jennifer touched the back of her head gently. "It's still there. For some reason I keep hitting my head right there."

"All right well if it doesn't go back down by next week, I'll take you to the doctor. Deal?"

Jennifer nodded and stood up. As she made her way backstage, Jennifer accidentally bumped into Anna.

"Sorry," she mumbled, and Anna turned to smirk at her.

"Oh, yeah, you will be." She said, and before Jennifer could respond, hopped up onstage.

"All right, everybody in positions!" the choreographer exclaimed, and Jennifer made her way to her position in the middle of the stage, her head throbbing painfully.

"As long as you love me," Justin started singing, which only added to Jennifer's headache, though she tried not to show it. As the music started, along with the dance routine, Jennifer felt the headache leave her almost instantly. The power of music she thought smugly.

By the third song, everyone's routine was perfect. Jennifer was proud to be a part of such a successful team. As they danced to every beat of Beauty and A Beat, each counting in their heads, Jennifer felt someone come up next to her. She turned her head and saw a head of hair the color of a flame. Anna had popped up next to her, and she felt her eyebrows furrow in confusion.

She's not supposed to be right here... Jennifer thought, continuing on with the routine.

Finally, Anna's intentions became clear. As they did a more complicated move to the dance, Anna strategically placed her foot so that Jennifer would trip and fall.

And smack the side of her head against the stage floor.

The music stopped abruptly, and everyone circled around Jennifer, who had closed her eyes in pain. Finally, she felt herself being turned around and she was looking into those familiar caramel eyes she loved so much. Her head was pounding painfully, her vision had gone blurry, but she could just make out Justin's worried expression.

"Jen, you okay??" he asked urgently, and Jennifer nodded. Justin lifted up his index and middle finger and put it in front of her face. "How many fingers am I holding up?"

"Two, help me up so we can finish rehearsals." Jennifer mumbled groggily, then tried to get up, but Justin held her down.

"No, no we're done for the day. We need to get you back to the hotel."

Justin lifted Jennifer in his arms and headed to the car. "Do you need to go to the doctor's?"

"No, I'm fine." Jennifer mumbled, then closed her eyes as she leaned her head against the window. "I'm tired."

"Jen, I don't think you should go to sleep right now. You hit your head really hard. Everyone could hear it, even over the music." Justin said worriedly.