Eyes Open

Everybody's waitin', everybody's watchin'

Even when you're sleepin'

Keep your ey-eyes open

Jennifer twisted and turned to the music of Taylor Swift's Eyes Open, her eyes closed as she danced out the rush of emotions she was feeling.
"Hey Jen! Oh, sorry." Jennifer heard, and fell from the complicated spin she'd tried to master. She turned to see Anna standing at the doorway, and immediately glared at her.
"What do you want, Anna?" Jennifer asked coldly, causing Anna to smirk.
"You can drop the tough act, sweetie. We both know you couldn't hit me even if you tried." She said, and Jennifer felt anger sweep over her, coursing through her veins.
"What makes you think that?"
"I've known you almost all your life, Jen. You don't have the balls to hit me." Anna said smugly. "Anyway, I just came in here to let you know your old friend is dropping by."
That brought Jennifer up short. She felt her fists unclench as her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Who?"
"Oh, you remember her? Your best friend!" Anna exclaimed in mock excitement, a fake smile plastered on her face.
"I only have one best friend." Jennifer replied, anger once again flooding through her veins.
"Oh that's right, Maribelle. No, I was talking about your other best friend. You remember Selena, right?" Anna said with a smirk, and Jennifer felt the fight leave her body as Anna's words cut through her brain. "Yeah, she's coming to visit me, and we're gonna have some fun."
Anna walked over to Jennifer, her fiery red hair swaying in a ponytail behind her. "I'm gonna make you wish you never put your hands on me, Little Miss Sunshine." She said in a low voice, causing Jennifer to reclench her fists.
"Get out of here before I make you cry like a little bitch again, Anna." Jennifer said in her low voice, letting venom lace every word, bringing Anna up short. Jennifer never cussed, in all the times that Anna has talked to her.
"You just watch your back, Barbie." Anna cried as she was leaving the dance studio, and Jennifer fell to the floor, the adrenaline that had coursed through her veins seconds earlier immediately leaving her body, making Jennifer feel drained.
All Jennifer could think was, she's coming back. She's coming back, and she's gonna make my life hell.

When Jennifer had calmed down some, she went back to the room she shared with Justin and took her hair out of its bun.
"Hey babe I just got the news, and-hey, what's wrong?" he asked, when he saw Jennifer's painful expression.
"She's coming back, Justin. Selena's coming back." She mumbled, nibbling on her thumb nail. Justin immediately took her in his arms, and buried his face in her neck.
"It's okay, Jen, she's not gonna hurt you. I'll make sure of that, okay?" he said, and Jennifer nodded. "You just come back from the dance studio?"
"Yeah, why?"
"I can tell."
"Oh yeah, how?" Jennifer challenged, and Justin chuckled as he lightly gave her a kiss on her forehead.
"Your face gets flushed, you're kind of sweaty, you're eyes are just a shade lighter, Fifty Shades of Jen, and you look like you just ran twenty miles." He answered, and Jennifer blushed.
"All right, all right, I'll go shower." Jennifer said in exasperation, and Justin chuckled.
"I never said you smelled, though while we're on that topic..." he jokingly let his voice trail off and Jennifer gasped and hit him in his chest. "I'm just kidding, babe."
"Ha ha, very funny." She replied sarcastically, and Justin laughed again.
Jennifer gathered a pink, white, and yellow floral skirt and baby pink tank top along with a towel and got in the shower to wash the emotions off of her. She relaxed herself some and let the hot water loosen her rigid muscles.
She got out, got dressed, and wrapped her hair in her towel turban-style before opening the door and walking out of the bathroom.
"You're wearing pink today." Justin commented when he took in Jennifer's outfit. She blushed and looked down.
"Yeah," she mumbled quietly, a ghost of a smile on her face.
"You should wear it more often, it looks good on you." Justin replied with a smile, and Jennifer gave him a small smile in return.
"Thanks," she said, and took her hair out of the towel, towel-drying her hair.
"We're going out to dinner tonight, the whole crew." Justin said, and she nodded, indicating she understood him. Jennifer sat on the bed and started brushing her hair out. Justin wrapped his arms around her waist from behind and gave her a kiss on her neck. "You smell good."
"As opposed to sweat?" Jennifer asked, and Justin chuckled against her neck, making the hairs on the back of her neck raise.
"Babe, you'd smell good if you rolled around in trash for three days." Justin said, and Jennifer laughed as she put her brush down.
"That's disgusting." She said, and Justin laughed.
"What are you gonna do with your hair?" he asked, and Jennifer shrugged.
"I'm gonna braid it," she decided, then brought all her hair to the side of her face and taking it in three strands, twisting it around one strand at a time.
"Beautiful," Justin said, and Jennifer rolled her eyes and shook her head, smiling.
"Your face," she teased, and Justin chuckled. Jennifer tied her hair and Justin pulled her back to where they were laying on their backs, facing each other.
"Your face," he retorted, and Jennifer giggled lightly.
"Your face," she countered.
"No your face."
"No, your face."
"Your face is a disappointment." Justin said in mock disgust, and Jennifer gasped.
"Your face is a disappointment!" she cried, lightly hitting his chest.
"Your face is a disappointment," he countered, completely calm, but Jennifer was laughing.
"Your life is a disappointment!" she managed to get out between giggles, and Justin gasped in mock hurt.
"Oh really? My life is a disappointment?" he asked devilishly, and Jennifer giggled and nodded. "My life is a disappointment?" he moved to where he was hovering over her, and Jennifer's crystal blue eyes widened in realization as to what he was doing.
"I'm gonna ask you one more time," Justin said slyly, and Jennifer tried to fight the smile that was plastered on her face. "My life is a disappointment?"
Jennifer's bottom lip disappeared behind her teeth and she giggled again. "Mm-hm," she managed to get out, then squealed as Justin started tickling her sides and stomach. "No, Justin, stop!"
Justin laughed as Jennifer squirmed under him. "Say you're sorry!" he cried, and Jennifer let out another squeal of laughter.
"N-n-n-no!" she squealed, and Justin stopped tickling her for a moment so that she could catch her breath, and Jennifer used that as an opportunity to get up and adjust herself so that she was hovering over him.
"What are you gonna do, Jen?" he challenged, and Jennifer giggled as her braid moved from behind her shoulder to graze Justin's cheek.
Jennifer balled up her hand in a fist and Justin chuckled. "I'll punch you in the face," she said in a baby voice, and Justin chuckled again.
"Do it," he challenged, and Jennifer lightly placed her fist against his cheek, pretending to punch him.
"Pow. Look at that, I just knocked you out." She said, and he laughed.
"Jen, just by looking at me you knocked me out." He said seriously, causing Jennifer to blush a deep pink.
"Cheesy," she mumbled, and Justin laughed.
"Yeah, I know. But you loved it." He replied, and Jennifer playfully rolled her eyes.
Jennifer stared at Justin's lips and licked her own. Just as she was beginning to slowly lower her lips down on Justin's, there was a knock at the door. Jennifer immediately pulled away and sat against the pillows, her cheeks tinting bright pink.
Justin got up, slightly frustrated, and unlocked the door, then opened it.
"Hi Justin!" Jennifer heard that all-too-familiar mousy voice from behind the door, and immediately felt anger, sorrow, and something she didn't recognize course through her veins.
Keep your eyes open. She thought to herself quietly as Justin gave Selena a greeting hug.