Fat & Ugly

As Justin got ready for dinner in his room, he couldn't help but to think about Jennifer. How it were really his fault they tumbled to the floor, how she always looked to the floor whenever he talked to her. Was he being too harsh on her? No, she'd say something to me if I was he thought. He had just sat down when there was a knock on the door.

He walked across the room to open the door to see a frowning Scooter.

"He Scoot. What's up?" he asked.

"It's Jen. Something's wrong with her." He said, shaking his head. Justin felt his eyebrows scrunch together in confusion, as he waited for an explanation. He opened the door wider for Scooter to come in, and they both sat on the bed.

"What do you mean?"

"Well... as you know, the room arrangements have been tricky, and Selena and Jen are sharing a room. Well, when I went in there to check on them and ask them how they were doing, because you know I told Selena to be friendly with Jen, Selena told me that Jen had told her that she didn't want to talk to her, and that Jen didn't even like her!" Scooter said. Justin's eyes widened in shock and anger.

"Why would she say that?? She doesn't even know Selena!" Justin cried.

"I know! Will you talk to her?" Scooter asked. "I think she'll be more open to you than anyone. She's a big fan, you know."

"Yeah, I'll talk to her." Justin said, scowling. I'll show her how it feels to treat my friends like that. Poor Selena. He thought.

"All right, thanks kid. Be ready by six for dinner. We're all gonna be heading out at the same time." He said, and Justin nodded.

Six o'clock had rolled around, and Jennifer was all ready in her ocean blue halter sundress that went down to her knees, and white knit cardigan. She had just finished curling her hair and doing her makeup on her bed: black mascara, eyeliner, a little blush, and lip stick. She grabbed her phone and started for the door.

"Selena, are you ready? I'm heading out." She called in the direction of the bathroom.

"I'm comin' Blondie." She snapped, and stepped out in a red and black tightly-fitted dress that went mid-thigh with her black mascara, black eyeliner, and red lipstick. Jennifer was messing around on her phone when there was a knock on the door. She turned and opened it, revealing Justin alongside Maribelle and Anna, who were chatting happily. When they saw Jennifer, all three looked at her in shock. She blushed and looked down at her outfit.

"Is it too much? It feels weird." She asked her friends sheepishly.

"No girl! No offense, but this is the least clothing we've seen you wear in almost a year!" Anna said, and realized what she said. "You know what I mean, it really brings out your eyes. I didn't mean anything by it-"

"No, it's fine. Does it look okay? I didn't want to reveal too much..." her voice trailed off when she looked up and made eye contact with Justin. His expression told her that she did something to anger him.

"Where's Selena?" he asked curtly.

"I'm over here, Justin." the mousy voice called from inside the room. Justin pushed past Jennifer into the room and Jennifer stared down at the floor, and then realized she didn't have any shoes on. She started laughing.

"What?" Maribelle demanded. Jennifer kept laughing as she pointed down to her feet.

"I forgot my shoes." She giggled, and Maribelle and Anna laughed along with her, both glad to be hearing such a sound from Jennifer. "I'll be right back." And with that, she went to her suitcase and pulled out her white ballet flats.