Chapter 15: The Eyes

Jerome's POV

"Hey guys, its me, Jerome, Bajan, and Preston here with a Hunger Games!" I exclaimed, gesturing to everyone.

A few days ago, some kid named Fawn came in and 'claimed' that she was Sky's sister. Yeah, right, we heard a million claims of that. Literally. Odds are one in a billion, but seems like she was saying the truth. Said that Herobrine was the good guy, and it was just really awkward. Sky had been telling us all that Herobrine was the bad guy, after all, he was the one who waged war on Herobrine a few years ago.

I don't exactly know who to trust. Sky, who's been a friend to me as long as I can remember? Or this new stranger, Fawn, who's been proving Sky's truths into lies? I don't know who to trust anymore. I'm a bacca, and I can sense the truth and lies, but, who am I kidding? I'm losing my senses, one way or the other.

"Uh, Jerome?" a voice said, rippling through my thoughts and I shook my head. Bajan was looking at me with a state of confusion on his face. "The game's starting."

As I got myself ready, I skimmed through all the text messages. Of course, there were so many comments with people asking me to team with them. Obviously, I declined, and I put forth a comment so they'd stop it. Good thing they shut up, cause I'd slay them with no mercy.

"This is the deal, everyone split up, then everyone will think we're not on teams. They'll come up and ask for teams, and slay them, ok?" I whispered. Bajan nodded and passed the message onto Preston. He snickered, but kept quiet for the time being.

3, 2 ,1 The numbers flashed above my head. A blaring horn went off and we were off. I found myself with my diamond axe, Betty, and got a glimpse of Preston with a bow and Bajan, well, I really didn't know what he had.

I ran off to the woods where a found myself with another player. She was a noob, but I appreciated her. She was wearing a Jerome hoodie, and she had a necklace with a miniature Betty on it. Hmm, good sense of fashion.

I stepped up to her, and she squealed in both fright and joy. She pushed to a corner and huddled up in a ball. I handed her Betty, but I accidently dropped it and it landed hard on her foot.

"How come you didn't kill me?" she asked, holding Betty defensively. She acted like a scared bacca.

"Uh, cause you look like the right person to team with?" I said, shrugging. "You're a Jerome fan."

She scoffed. "And how do I know your not the 300 you lie to and kill?"

I tried to hold a stern face as long as I could. Great, now what?

"I uh can't kill you."

"And why?"

"Because-" I began to find myself almost hit by her throwing Betty at me. "Did you just-"

"Save your life, yes." she said, gesturing to the body on the ground. "Now excuse me, I have to go."

She teleported, and yes, she did actually teleport away. I stared at where she was just seconds ago, and was awestruck. In love, or in loyalty, I didn't know. All I knew was that was one hot chick. (btw, I did that for fun. Lolz.)

"Uh, Jerome?" someone called, and my thoughts broke apart. Preston glared at me with his bow and arrow clinking by his side. "You coming?"

"I-uh, yeah." I muttered, trying to grasp onto Betty. Except she wasn't there. "Dangit."

Preston smiled and threw me another Betty and it knocked the wind from me. "Seriously?" I asked, groaning weakly. "She's heavy."

Clearly, Preston wasn't listening to a word I said. He shot an arrow at a sheep and it went down with a headshot. "You have a crush." he said plainly.