Chapter 16: The Perfect Steed

Sky's POV

I looked around the Nether for a ghast, any ghast. I had just checked in with my old ghast racing mentor, Antour, and he said a youngster is the best to race with. They still had that competitive spirit inside of them. Like, seriously, whenever you see a Little League baseball game, you could hear them shrieking their little lungs out.

"Look, its Sky!" a chorus of squeals cried out behind of him. A hoard of pigmen, blazes, and a ghast were behind him. Although the ghast looked mildly interested, I wasn't sure if I wanted to die signing autographs. So I did what anyone would do. Run away.

"Need a hand?" someone whispered next to me, and I saw the ghast I'd seen before. He had a slight grin on his face and grabbed me with a tentacle. He flew toward a corner and turned a sharp right. We hid behind a crevice, and the mob ran, and flew past us.

"Thanks uh, what is your name?" I asked.

"Dalton." he said, doing his best to shrug. "Not very creative."

I could understand why he felt that way. In first grade, I could hear the taunts behind my back like "What, your mom's name is Clouds?" and the occasional "Are you a blueberry?" I could expect the same from him, but I could see the clever gleam that hid in his eyes.

"Hey, do you want to be my steed for the Ghast Races?" I asked, and his eyes lit up. Literally, it started glowing like glowstone.

"Heck yeah!" he shouted, and then covered his mouth. "I mean, yeah."

"Well, follow me then! Try and catch me!" I shouted and teleported down to the ground. Everytime he got nearly close, I teleported away. "Predict where the contestant will go!"

I looked around and looked at a small gap hidden in the netherrack nearby. "He'll never find me there." I whispered to myself and teleported.

When I looked up, I saw the triumphant face of Dalton, poking me with a tentacle. "Got you!" he cried out, the clever look in his eyes again.

"Good job Dalton!" I said, a glimmer of satisfaction in my head. "The next challenge is disguise."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I teleported both of us to an isolated village. The only living being there was a cow that stared at us with a bewildered face. It ran off, mooing as hard as it could. We both laughed about it and Dalton blew up a nearby house. We both looked at each other and shook our heads. Not a good place.

We teleported to the End, a desolate place filled with Endermen and the one and only Enderdragon. I teleported to the Enderdragon's home, which is underground.

" 'Ello Sander, would you mind if we could borrow the place?" I asked, looking into his eyes.

His eyes were the color of amethysts, reflecting in different directions. His scales shimmered like obsidian, and were nearly indestructible. Even if he were to die, Hero could always revive the Ender Dragon. How else do you think the Ender Dragon is still alive?

"Yeah sure, let me just call out my boys to heard 'em in." he replied, a dull smile on his face. He whistled loudly and two young ender dragons entered the room. "Percy, Leo, tell the endermen to come in."

"Sure thing dad!" they both replied, and spread their wings and flew toward the endermen.

"Thanks Sander." I said, and teleported back to the obsidian pillars. Dalton was sitting there with a bored look.

"How long does it take?" he muttered. "A million years."

"Well, you want to get hurt in this?" I shouted back. "I've seen contestants die in this!"

He pushed himself back, shivering. Apparently, he wasn't used to yelling Youtubers. Oh, nice alliteration there. Anyways, his eyes flared like fire, because they were. He was about to retort something, but he kept his mouth shut.

"Hmm, what would happen if I quit? Wouldn't you be disqualified?" he retorted in my face. "Just because you have so many people behind you doesn't mean you can talk like that!" He floated up to one of the tallest pillars and turned away from me.

"Typical." I muttered, and hissed. "Fine, let's go somewhere where its not so boring."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think that was the most boring chapter ever. Anyone agree? Anyways, this is the sort of music I listen to when writing. Dedication to Minecart Productions for being a fateful follower. Anyway, you'll character will be in the next chapter, or the one after that!  

Hope you enjoy creeper fans!

-alma115