Chapter 19: Search For The Portal

Fawn's POV

"Urgh, when will we get there?!" Flower groaned for the thirteenth time since we left Sky and Dalton. So ungrateful, I made her the emerald gear, didn't do it to myself. And what do I get? Groaning, moaning, and more stressful hours till nightfall.

"Can you please be quiet? I'm trying to concentrate!" I hissed to Flower, feeling slightly better after that. "I'm trying to locate the portal."

"Oh," Flower said. "I'll be quiet."

"Well then, that went better then planned." I said silently in my head. I looked at my map. According to it, it said that the portal was directly underneath us. I felt suspicious though. What would happen if somebody greifed it or something. I used the iron for making some flint and steel. Wait, why did I even ask that question in the first place?

"Flower, take us down." I said sternly. "And no flipping over."

"Aww...." Flower said, but she did what I asked her. We drifted gently to the ground and saw ourselves in a cavern, and I could see a mineshaft, and there was a chest! This could prove useful, after all there could be a sword or something. Maybe that was where the portal could be hiding.

"There's probably a silverfish spawner nearby, so take this sword. You'll need it." I said, handing her a diamond sword. I held up Serpentise. "Never said anything about personal weapons."

I waited for a while, but I soon heard the satisfying hiss of a silverfish. I smiled, and I ran over to where I heard it.

"Stop Fawn!" Flower cried, and I halted and screeched to a stop. I looked at the lave where I would be. Just because I was a Brine didn't mean I was immune to fire. I slowly backed away. There was a bridge before, but apparently, someone and burned away the connection. I could see the portsl, but just couldn't reach it.

"Flower, can you fly us across?" I asked, gesturing to the chasm.

She shook her head. "Not enough room." she replied. "But I do have some wood blocks!"

She handed them over to me and I quickly repaired the bridge. I took out a diamond pick and mined the spawner. Then I held Flower's hand, and together we leapt into the portal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Told you I'd get it done. Ha, not long, but not bad.