Chapter 18: The Races

Sky's POV

I looked toward Dalton, and he looked at me. My sister waved at me, not too far off with a  girl ghast with a flower on her, and a determined look that matched my sister's. Wow. Just wow. She smirked at me and gestured to the zombie pigman wearing a suit in a game stand.

"Welcome to the 19th annual Ghast Races! I'm your host, Trevor, and let's give a big cheer to our founder, Herobrine!" he shouted, and the crowd gave a huge cheer.
Herobrine walked up to the podium and gave Trevor a slight smile. "As Trevor said, this is the 19th annual Ghast Races, made in memory for my daughter, who had finally returned! Let's all give her a big cheer!" Herobrine gestured to my sister, and she blushed, along with her ghast.

"Now, you all know the rules. 1: You can hurt other opponents, but not so severely they die. 2: There is only one winner, nothing like the stupid Hunger Games and Katniss and Peeta. By the way, dumb names. Last rule: No cheating or cutting through, otherwise, you'll be eliminated. *cough*  And that goes for my kids too. Can't have you guys cheating either."

I could here Fawn chuckle quietly and she flashed a smile at me. She meant it for me, after all, I'd cheated people, and death, tons of time. Of course, that didn't mean I did it for 'the greater good'. Sometimes, I eh, got a little carried away with things.

Trevor looked at everyone and held up a small, hand-held pistol, his finger on the trigger. (Do pigmen even have fingers?) "Everyone, gather at your stations!" he shouted, and all 101 ghasts and blazes, pigmen, and players hustled to the start.

"Remember, " Herobrine called out. "The end is located in the End, the beacon basically. Once the pistol goes off, you'll all be transported to different parts of Minecraftia. Gather materials, make weapons, and try to make it to the finish."

BANG

The last thing I could feel was Dalton and I dissolving into code.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fawn's POV

It had taken me a while to find Flower after we transported into a forest biome. Of course, I found her in a few minutes, in a field full of flowers. I rolled my eyes and got on top of her.

"Uh, shouldn't we be looking for a village or something right now?" I asked, prodding Flower.

"Oh right, armor, weapons, got it." she mumbled, and she floated into the air. "Found one!"

"Ok, are you kidding me?" I muttered, but she was right. In the distance, I could see a village, villagers scuttling around. And wait a second, a player? And a ghast! It looked almost like Sky and his ghast.  "Flower, ready to beat up some boys?" I asked.

She nodded. "Let's beat them up!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sky's POV

Dalton and I couldn't believe our luck. We spawned right next to a village, and I could see a chest through a window. The villagers took one look at us and started running around frantically. One even pulled out a stick and poked Dalton with it. Dalton glared at him and fireballed him, making everyone even more frantic. They ran away, going different ways into different biomes.

"Seriously Dalton? Seriously? Out of all things to do, you killed him?" I said, muttering angrily.

"What? It was a stupid villager anyways." Dalton said casually. "Besides, we've got bigger things to worry about. The races, remember?"

"Fine." I muttered. "But we could've gotten some emeralds from the villagers and use them to make emerald gear." (btw, the emerald gear mod is on)

"Ah, look!" Dalton shouted, and waved a tentacle at a field. A lucky block laid there. Its question mark glared at Sky, talking to him. Are you a coward or what?

"I'll open it." I said quietly, my gaze still on it. "Stay back."

I slowly opened the lucky block and a well showed up. "Not another one.." I moaned silently in my head. I picked up a grass block and was just about to drop it in when I heard a woosh behind me.

"Nice to see you again Sky!" Fawn said cheerfully and I found myself pressed against another ghast, her tentacles tying around my arms and legs. I struggled in vain, and I could see Dalton trapped in a cell of iron bars, unable to fireball out.

She tossed in a coin, and collected diamonds, iron, gold, lapis lazuli, and basically Minecraft riches. I groaned as I watched her craft emerald gear for her ghast and diamond for herself. She tossed it to the ghast, which nodded and silently placed them on.

"Thanks a lot!" she said cheerfully. "Good luck!"

She let go of us, and she drifted off toward an grassy plain with forests bordering along it.

"Girls..." I muttered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, first up, I am SOSOSOSOSO SORRY about leaving you guys off like this. School's been loading up with homework lately. I'll be out with this next chapter in a few days and make a Thanksgiving short story for you all.

Thanks so much for all your support. This book would have stopped a while ago without you guys.

P.S. I may be getting a Minecraft Youtube Account!!!! :D

See ya all later creepers!

-alma115