Chapter 2: A Chance Meeting

Shikamaru scratched the back of his head as he looked at his teammates. "He said that you guys can come today." He sighed. "How troublesome."

"Let's go then!" Ino smiled. She put her hair up in a pony tail. "Wait," She frowned lightly. "Is Naruto even his real name?"

Shikamaru shrugged. "Wait until he introduces himself."

Choji looked at Asuma. "Can we go?"

Asuma gave his genin a warm smile and took a drag from his cigarette. "I don't see why not."

Xxxxxxxxxxx

"S-so, will we be going t-to Naruto-kun?" Hinata asked quietly twiddling her fingers.

"I believe we have some time." Kurenai smiled motioning for Kiba and Shino to come to her.

"A-arigato."

Xxxxxxxxxxx

"Where are they?" A soft voice asked just as a knock sounded on the door.

Sasuke chuckled and put down the apple he was peeling. "Here, I'm sure." He wiped his hands on a rag and made his way to the door. "Oh, Shikamaru, Asuma-sensei." He looked at Ino and Choji. "Welcome to my compound."

Inside Ino was squealing but she had enough common sense not to out loud. She didn't want to have to leave so soon. "Hello, Sasuke-kun. Thank you for having us over."

"No problem. I need to go back upstairs but there's tea in the kitchen if you would like some." Sasuke made his way back upstairs and opened the door to the guest room. "Sorry, it was Team 10."

"It's alright, Sasuke." The boy moved into a sitting position on the bed and grabbed the plate of apple slices from the bedside the table. "It's think I'll be okay to come down."

Sasuke put a hand on his forehead and frowned lightly. "You still have a slight fever. I guess you can come down for some tea when Team 8 arrives."

"Okay." The boy put an apple piece in his mouth and chewed, savoring the sweet taste. He brushed his dark hair from in front of his eyes. "They're here." Just as he said that, a knock sounded.

"Alright then. Let's get you up and down there." Sasuke said walking to the other side of the bed.

"Yeah. Just let me change, okay?" The boy allowed the Uchiha to help him up and waited until he exited the room before changing.

Xxxxxxxxxxx

"Hello, Kurenai-sensei." Sasuke greeted while walking down the stairs. He noticed Kakashi and Sakura with them. "Naruto will be ready in a bit."

Shikamaru took a sip from his porcelain cup and peered at Sasuke. He frowned when he descretly shook his head. So he was still not well. "I see. Are the seals off?"

Sasuke pursed his lips. "Not exactly. He managed to get two off but the last one is blocked off for now until a seal master can look at it or he removes it forcefully."

"Well, didn't know I was getting an audience." A smooth voice spoke drawing everyone's attention. The boy was about 5'11 with black hair that went halfway down his neck and to his brow with blonde streaks. He wore a red tank top that went to mid-thigh and form fitting ANBU pants with black boots. His piercing blue eyes studied everyone but he stood in a laid back manner.

"N-naruto?" Sakura asked shocked. No way could this hottie be Naruto!

The boy tilted his head and grimaced. "Fishcake.." He whispered. Before he could answer there was a knock and outside stood an ANBU. "Asuma-san, Kurenai-san, Kakashi-san, Hokage-sama requests your and your teams presence in his office."

The jounin looked at eachother before nodding.

"Alright," Kakashi whipped out his trusty orange book and faced his team. "Are you okay to go?" He directed the question at Naruto who's eyes looked cloudy, probably from the seal.

Naruto crossed his arms. "I'm cool either way. Let's just go and get this over with." He threw open the door and marched off.

"Sorry." Shikamaru chuckled. "He's a little upset that he can't take off the last seal."

"Which one?" Shino questioned.

"His personality." Sasuke smirked.

"How did you three meet?" Kurenai wondered.

"You may not he able to tell," Sasuke said with his hands in his pockets, "But Naruto is actually older than us by two years. I met him during my family's massacre. He stopped by my home after, apparently, sensing the chakra in my house fading. He helped me take care of myself." He looked towards the clouds and smiled. One looked like a tomato. "He's like.. a second older brother."

"I met him when I was walking around. He just came from the orphanage when I was alone at the park cloud watching. I thought that he was going to ask me what I was doing or tell me to stop being lazy but he just sat next to me and asked what I was thinking." Shikamaru laughed. "He could tell I was a Nara but he still asked what I was thinking. We talked for a while and, man, I can say that he's one of the smartest people I know and the only other person, besides my father, who can give me a challenge in Shoji. He's like family."

Asuma was shocked. He had never seen Shikamaru so happy and energetic.

"Troublesome."

Well, maybe not so energetic but still.

"Yo, hurry up or I'll kick you." Naruto threatened while scaling up the Hokage tower. He didn't use chakra, just simply grabbing on where his hands could find purchase.

"Ignore him." Sasuke grunted and opened the door making his way to the village leader's office. "I always do."

I just want to say that I just typed everything on my mind. I don't really like it but whatevs. Hope you enjoy because the people who voted are the reason I'm continuing this story in the first place.