Chapter 51: He's Mine

Tada!

This is dedicated to Calypso_Black because you scare me, HSGF15 because you scare me, too, and Callie543321 because I just find you adorable- like a kitten with mittens!

Enjoy this chapter and stayed tuned for little shorts I've been having fun with!

--Yuki :D

Xxxxxxxxxxx

"Now this is certainly a surprise," Ororchimaru said as Kakashi entered the clearing.

"Hey," Yuki smiled at his boyfriend like he never disappeared. "You're late."

"It took the kids a bit to get to the tower," The Hatake gave him an eye smile, spinning a kunai in his hand. "Now, let's deal with the trash, shall we?"

Orochimaru made a 'tut tut' noise, clicking his tongue, "Now, now, Hatake-kun, there's no need to be so rude."

"Um, excuse me," Yuki looked insanely uncomfortable at the sannin's words. "He's taken."

"Oh?" The snake-pedo tilted his head.

"Yeah," The Uzumaki snarled. "He's mine."

Kakashi smiled under his mask, his eye sparkling, "We should probably get this fight over with before they send Gai to help."

"I agree," Orochimaru purred, summoning a snake under him. "Prepare to die."

"I can't die if I'm dead inside!" Yuki yelled before jumping into the trees for cover, dragging Kakashi with him.

The fight was intense and deadly with Kakashi and Yuki very nearly severely hurt and Orochimaru missing some hair and an arm. For some reason, the sannin looked more pissed off about his hair than his limb.

"I can't stay here to fight children," Orochimaru hissed and Kakashi gave him an offended look. He quickly dodged a kunai lobbed at him by the Hatake and disappeared in a plume of smoke.

"Well, that was stupid," Yuki panted, holding his side. "Now I think my insides are trying to become my outside."

"Ew," Kakashi flopped down on the grass. "I don't need that mental image."

"Deal with it. Come on, let's go to the tower before Gai comes."

"Ugh," The Hatake stood up with some difficulty and the two leaned on each other for support as they made their way back to where the others waited for them, both too tired to shunshine. "After all of this is over," He whispered in his boyfriend's ear. "You and I are not leaving the apartment for a long time."

Yuki's face, for the first time, turned bright red as he nodded so fast he could have gotten whiplash.

"Honey, we're home~"

The Konoha ninja all looked up in surprise at the familiar voice. Yuki was back! They never would have imagined that they would have missed his voice until he suddenly disappeared. For Sarutobi, it reminded him of all those years ago when it happened the first time and he found himself unable to do anything but wait.

And the waiting very nearly killed his heart.

"Yo, grandpa," Yuki let go of Kakashi so the medics could take care of him but kept their pointer fingers hooked together, sitting down in a chair as his own doctors fussed over him. "There's more snakes in Konoha than I thought- Orochimaru's here!"

"I swear he just called everyone a snake," Ino whispered, looking a bit disgruntled but not denying it.

"Yes, the children have informed me. Unfortunately, we cannot do anything at this time. We cannot risk canceling the Chunin Exams when we are not sure where Orochimaru is."

"Mm," Yuki hummed in acceptance. When he felt a tug on his hand, he realized a nurse was trying to pull Kakashi's hand away from his. Before he could say anything, someone spoke for him.

"Hey," Neji snapped, shocking everyone as he glared at the nurse. "Work around it."

"Yes, Hyuuga-sama," The woman bowed, releasing Yuki and Kakashi's hands.

Yuki blinked in shock, "Oof, seems like I missed a lot."

Kakashi tightened his grip for a moment. "Just a bit," He whispered.

"What're we going to do about our team?" Sakura asked, turning to the Hokage with wide eyes.

"We will send Yuki undercover," Sarutobi decided after a moment and the ex-ANBU didn't even blink at the decision. "He will be considered another test for Konoha ninja when deciding if you should become Chunin."

"Oh," Yuki gave a wicked grin. "Me like."

The genin shivered in fear, "Shit..."

"My feet are cold," Kakashi said quietly, looking down and kicking his legs back and forth in the chair. "Hey, Yu, is there any boots laying around that I can borrow?"

"Umm," The raven-blonde tilted his head, ignoring the shocked looks the others gave him at the nickname. "I think there's some under the desk by the wall with some socks. They'll fit you, we're the same size."

"Hey, um," Ino spoke up, looking nervous. "Just wondering but do you guys share clothes?"

"Yeah," The Kaka-Yuki duo said at the same time. "We only have one closet."

"One c-closet?" Hinata asked. "But I t-thought you both s-sleep in different r-rooms."

"We did, but Yuki's room was actually an office," Kakashi joined in. "So, we share a closet. At this point, I don't even remember which shirt belongs to who."

Yuki shrugged, "I don't really care, it's never bothered me before." He turned to his boyfriend, "Your sweaters are always fun to wear. They're all pastel and soft."

"And your sweaters are black, like your soul."

"True."

The genin looked at each other. Kakashi wore pastel? To be honest, it didn't sound as surprising now that they thought about it.

"Alright, my pancakes," Yuki snapped his fingers with his left hand since he was still holding Kakashi's hand. "Let's go see what's next for the Chunin Exams. You all go first, Kakashi and I have some things to discuss."

"Right." Kiba snorted and made quotation marks with his hands, "Things."

When everyone left the room, Yuki even shooing away the Hokage, the raven-blonde found himself pulled into a sweet kiss, Kakashi's mask down.

"Hey," The Hatake murmured against his lips.

"Hi." He looked down and smirked, his eyes lighting up playfully as he glanced up through his lashes, "Is that a kunai in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"