Chapter 52: I Love the Chunin Exams!

Ahem. Hi! I am so sorry for the wait, I don't know what came over me! Anyways, here's the next chapter that you all have been waiting for. Obviously, this story was automatically added to both the October and December lists. If you don't know what those are, scroll down in the message board on my profile.

This chapter is dedicated to not2complex! Sorry that you lost sleep, haha, and I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Je t'aime!

-- Yuki :D

Xxxxxxxxxxx

When the sensei and the genin left the room, Kakashi turned to Yuki, pulling down so he could kiss his boyfriend. "I missed you," He murmured against his lips as his hands came up to cradle his face.

Yuki ran a hand through his hair, closing his eyes to hold his tears back, "I missed you, too." His breath hitched slightly as he pulled back, blinking at the Hatake, "I promise I won't leave again. I promise, I swear."

"I believe you," Kakashi smiled as he used his thumb to wipe away a tear from Yuki's cheek. "I believe you," He pulled the raven-blonde in for another kiss, never really able to resist anymore.

The raven-blonde hummed thoughtfully before he pulled back once more, grinning wickedly, "Come with me."

Kakashi nodded slowly and followed his boyfriend like a lovesick idiot into one of the bedrooms in the tower.

--

The Hokage resisted shifting nervously in his seat as he observed the genin from his village. Yuki wasn't among them masked as Naruto and Hiruzen knew that the Jounin was "busy." He ignored the Kazekage, who was looking at him questioningly as to why he had not spoken to the ninja present. He signaled to Kurenai to find the pair, knowing she would be the least likely to heckle them when she found them -ahem- indecent.

"We will be starting soon," He murmured to the Kazekage, receiving a nod.

While Hiruzen was happy that Yuki has returned once more, he was not happy to have his mischief back. He knew that part of the reason the Chunin Exams weren't proceeding was because the Jounin wanted to see how long he could make the Hokage wait before he had to show up.

'Kami,' He thought, rubbing his face with a hand. 'That boy will be the death of me.'

--

Kurenai was not happy with the task she was assigned with by the Hokage. Why did she have to be the one to find Kakashi and Yuki? Why not Asuma or Gai? She knew that, if Gai was the one looking for them, the Kaka-Yuki duo would "magically" be back in the stands without anyone being none the wiser. Still, it was her sent to find them so she let her chakra work on sensing their location.

She stopped when she found the room where they were and flared her chakra a bit. She hoped with that they would be kind enough to stop what they were doing so she wouldn't be too scarred. She knocked on the door for good measure and she could hear shuffling on the other side before Yuki told her that she could come in.

"Did the old man send you?" Yuki asked as he sat up on the bed, the covers pooling around his waist and one of his hands carding through Kakashi's hair. The Hatake had an arm wrapped around the raven-blonde's waist, his head resting on his boyfriend's stomach.

"Yeah," She nodded slowly. Despite them being covered up, they still were an indecent sight. Yuki's hair was mussed up, some strands curling, and one curl rested over his forehead and just above the bridge of his nose. He had hickies on his collarbone, leading down to just above his pecks. Kakashi wasn't any better with his hair falling in front of his eyes and his expression one of bliss. There were red marks on his back and Kurenai knew exactly who those were from. Both of their lips were kiss-swollen and Yuki's were pulled back in a smirk that told her he knew exactly what kind of picture they made, his blue eyes shining with mirth. "Just... Hurry up, we have to start the Chunin Exams. We can't keep everyone waiting."

Kakashi lifted his head up and blinked at her, "We'll be right there, I promise. Sorry, Kurenai."

"It's fine," She sighed, waving her hand. "I'll see you guys out there."

--

Naruto came running to where the Konoha genin were waiting, smiling widely as he greeted them all enthusiastically. Kakashi followed a few minutes later, his mask firmly in place and his hair back to how it usually was. At first glance, it looked like nothing happened while the two were gone but, if you looked closely at the Hatake, you could see the hint of a hickey on his collarbone just barely covered by his vest. Yuki was lucky that he could hide under his henge.

Hiruzen gave an inaudible sigh of relief when he saw the two at the stands and smiled thankfully at Kurenai when they made eye contact. He rose to make his speech, knowing Yuki wasn't listening to a word he said and he doubted Kakashi was either. Maybe he should make one of them give the speech, see how they liked it.

"Alright, alright," Naruto rubbed his hands together excitedly as he gazed up at the board, waiting to see who he was fighting. He barely held back his glee when he saw who he was up against.

"Oh," Kiba breathed, going about five shades too pale. He turned and met Naruto's blue eyes, shaking with fear when he saw the manic glint in them, "Oh, no."

Naruto grinned wolfishly, "Oh, I love the Chunin Exams!" He laughed loudly at the kid's expression and turned to Kakashi, "I should have done this ages ago!"

The genin, meanwhile, were trying to console Kiba saying "we're sorry" and "we'll miss you" and the occasional lie of "maybe he'll go easy on you."

"Just don't kill him," Kakashi said with an eye-smile, ignoring Kiba silently pleading for help.

Genin from other villages were concerned and a bit afraid. They remembered the blonde from first test and the impactful speech he gave. Was he powerful as well? This did not bode well for them at all...

Gaara gritted his teeth from where he sat as he eyed the blonde. Now that Yuki was back, he could not afford to make mistakes and fail this task given to him. This was the only time Mother would leave him alone. "Peace, Mother," He murmured. "Soon, you'll have his blood."