Chapter 45: Holy Shit

Dedicated to SmallDragonoftheSun 🍒
She inspired this chapter so thank her! This chapter is different from any you've probably seen for a Naruto fanfiction, so, yeah...

ENJOY!

-- Yuki 🍒

Xxxxxxxxxxx

Everyone gaped inside, "What the hell..."

Yuki threw his hands in the air, "Are you fucking kidding me?! There's nothing here!" He growled to himself, grinding his teeth in frustration.

Kakashi patted his shoulder, "It's okay. Let's try going inside more, maybe we missed something."

"Missed something? Missed something? There's nothing he- Hey, I found something!"

No man with the abilities of Yuki should skip like he did into a dark room. He looked like an excited puppy, crouching in front of something and speaking in a hushed tone.

"Yuki? What did you fi-" He was interrupted by a soft growl. "Yuki, no."

The Jounin turned around, blue eyes wide and bottom lip trembling ever-so slightly, "But, Kakashi... It's so tiny..."

"We're not keeping it!"

"You didn't even look at it!"

"I don't have to. It's growling and part of me feels like it is dangerous to my health. We are not keeping it."

"What is it?" Kiba walked over to Yuki, peering over his shoulder. He quickly pales and backpedaled, "Holy shit!"

Kakashi gave his boyfriend a look.

"Okay, Kiba's reaction totally doesn't count because he's a wuss and gets scared of, like, everything. Come on, just look at it! It's adorable!" He tilted his head, turning back to the animal or something behind his back, "I think it's a girl."

The Hatake sighed and walked over, grumbling something about puppy-dog eyes, and knelt next to his boyfriend. "Holy shit," He echoed Kiba's sentence. "Is that a dragon?"

"Yes," Yuki beamed. "She is cute and adorable and she's mine. I shall name her Yang."

'Yang' made a small chirp, slowly edging closer to the Jounin as he spoke. It was a shiny gold, pretty but no metallic. It seemed like the size of a kitten and skinned along quietly the same. The small dragon, Yang, gently nudged Yuki's hand, releasing a hesitant chirp.

The raven-blonde looked down in surprise before giving a surprisingly sweet smile, stroking the side of the dragon's face gently, "Hey, there, baby girl. Did the mean ol' Hokage lock you in this stupid ass wannabe secret room?" He chuckled at the chirp he received, "Yeah, I know, he's a mean old man. I'm going to adopt you now and you are mine."

Kakashi sighed to himself. There was nothing he could do. "Alright, we can bring Small Dragon home with us."

"Her name is Yang," Yuki frowned.

"I'm calling her Small Dragon. It's so much better. Come on, Small Dragon, we're getting you out of here."

The dragon's head shot up and he launched herself at Yuki, who gave a surprised huff of laughter, and wrapped herself around his shoulders like a scarf, scaly tail brushing gently at his collar bone.

"Yuki, you can't be serious," Kurenai gaped at the man, eyeing the dragon nervously. "That's a dragon! They shouldn't even exist!"

"I am well aware of what a dragon looks like. Why shouldn't they exist? They have a right to live just like you and me. Geez, nazi."

Asuma snorted but threw his head halfheartedly in the air, "Equal rights."

The woman sputtered a bit, "Did you just call me a nazi?"

"If the shoe fits!"

"YOSH! We should head out now!" Gai remembered to keep his voice low in the cave so it didn't echo, "We do not know what else is in here!"

Yuki got a gleam in his eyes and Kakashi grabbed his arm before he could do anything, "Good idea. We're leaving."

--

As it turned out, Kakashi was the one to speak to the Hokage while Yuki took Small Dragon (Yang) home. Hiruzen said they could keep the dragon and that it wasn't harmful, there just wasn't someone around to take care of her and, if something should happen, deal with her. It turns out that the secret room was always near Yuki's apartment in hopes that the Jounin would one day stumble upon it like he had.

The Hatake sighed as he walked into their home, "Yuki? I'm ba- What are you doing?" He blinked at his boyfriend in the living room, "Are you- Are you feeding Small Dragon a popsicle?"

"Um, yes," Yuki looked at the dragon before looking at the Jounin. "Yang likes the cherry ones. And pasta. We had spaghetti."

"Is that good for dragons?"

Yang made a small chirp, running up to nuzzle Kakashi's hand before zipping back to Yuki.

The raven-blonde shrugged, "I guess so. Yang," He looked down at the dragon. "You seem like a fairly intelligent thing. Are you a baby or an adult? Tap once for the first and twice for adult."

The small dragon tilted her head before chirping and tapping her foot three times, looking proud of herself.

Kakashi looked at his boyfriend, "Does that mean that Small Dragon is a teenager? 'Cause she tapped three times. That means she's not an adult or a baby."

Yuki shrugged, "Your guess is as good as mine. Fuck, how are we going to explain how we have a pet dragon? By all means, everyone thinks they're still a myth. I mean, no ones going to believe us."

The Hatake nodded before actually gasping, "We could lose views!"

Yang made a small chirp again.

--

To Sasuke, the small dragon was pretty cool. She was gold and had light brown eyes, making her look majestic and a bit angelic. The myths mostly portrayed dragons as vicious and cool but the Uchiha always saw them as something beautiful.

Right now, Yuki was over with Yang, going through all the books he had to research the seal left on him, while Sasuke focused on reading a scroll for a fire jutsu and eating tomatoes.

The Uchiha looked up when he heard a small scuffle and startled slightly when Yang's face was an inch from his. They stared at each other for a second before the dragon backed up a bit, tilting her head and eating a tomato whole in one bite. She made a small tittering noise, almost like laughter, at his shocked face, before racing off, presumably to find Yuki.

"Tha- My- My tomato!" He looked at his bowl, mouth open, and back at the door the dragon ran out of a couple times.

That was how Kakashi found him. The Hatake looked at the Uchiha for a moment, tilting his head, before turning around and walking to where Yuki was in another room, leaving the boy in his catatonic state.

Kakashi felt something hit his leg lightly and glanced down to see Yang padding along next to him. He picked her up and patted her head, "Good work, Small Dragon."

The dragon chirped proudly, nestling in his arms.