Chapter 31: You Ever Wonder?

This song, Hallelujah by Panic! At the Disco, obviously doesn't belong to me.

This chapter may be confusing so, sorry. If you need anything to be explained, message me. I don't bite unless you want me to. Anyways, enjoy this chapter. I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a while. AP is a bitch.

--Team Free Will

Xxxxxxxxxxx

A man sighed as he sat in a dimly lit room, flicking on and off a lighter. The light reflected off his eyes as he stared at the flame before he snapped it closed when he heard footsteps. "Hey, man," He grinned, sliding up from his concrete bench and striding to look at an ANBU. "Is it lunch time already?"

"What happened to you, Captain?" The ANBU asked, seeming to express disappointment through their mask, "How did you end up this way?"

The smile dropped off of the man's face and his cerulean eyes turned as cold as ice, "I don't have anything to say to you, Frog. Go home." He turned away, heading back to his bench.

"But, Capta-"

"I said 'go home', Frog!" He snapped, eyes turning blood-red and fangs showing.

"Hai," Frog bowed before shunshining away.

"That was pretty harsh, Yu-chan," A voice said from behind the man, a bit of a lazy drawl to it.

"Shut up, Kashi. He should know better not to ask about my business."

"Mm, true," Kakashi walked from the shadows of the small room, going to stand next to the raven-blonde. "But you did make an amazing captain, even if you don't think so."

"I don't want to talk about this."

"I know," The silver-haired Jounin smiled, going to lean his head against the others' shoulder.

Yuki looked down at the man with an unreadable expression before sighing, the tension leaving his body in that one breath, "How did I get lucky enough to have a partner like you?"

"It wasn't luck, Yu-chan. I'm just stubborn."

Xxxxxxxxxxx

"They what?!" The Sakura, Ino, and Tenten shouted, looking at Asuma in shock.

"Yuki and Kakashi managed to get themselves arrested late last night," The Jounin repeated, cleaning out his ear with his pinkie. "They're being held in confinement right now."

Team Seven was rightfully upset. Their mentors, their stupid yet bad ass mentors, got arrested when they could be training them. Somehow, they figured it was Yuki's fault. It almost always was. Now, they'd just have to wait until the Hokage lets them go.

Xxxxxxxxxxx

"Yuki?" Kakashi watched his partner with open concern.

Yuki was sitting at the corner of the room, knees drawn up to his chest and head leaning back against the wall. He was just staring at the far wall, like he was watching a movie only he could see. His eyes were distant, dark and cloudy, and his mouth was set in a frown. His hair fell in his face, seeming darker than ever with the low light.

"You ever wonder what it would've been like if I took Kurama up on his offer?" He finally spoke, shifting slightly and moving his head to look at the other Jounin. "If I just said 'yes'?" His eyes were tortured, seeking comfort where he could get it, "If I just said 'fuck it' and just let go?"

"No," Kakashi shook his head, answering truthfully. "'Cause then I wouldn't have met you."

Yuki looked down for a moment before glancing up again, "I'm not perfect. I got a lot of flaws."

"I know."

"But I was given this life for a reason," Yuki clenched his fists, eyes clearing. "And, okay, I'm acting like a teenage girl right now but I just had an epiphany."

"An epiphany?"

"An epiphany," Yuki nodded sharply, looking Kakashi in the eyes. "And I have a goal in mind and I can't get it done if I'm dead... Or in jail. Let's blow this joint and never talk about this again."

"Deal."

Xxxxxxxxxxx

The Rookie 11 and their sensei sat at Training Ground 7, just enjoying the warm sunlight and gentle breeze. "It feels so nice to be away from Yuki-san," Kiba sighed, leaning back on the grass.

"That hurts, really," Yuki deadpanned,  walking towards the group, Kakashi trailing behind. "I'm crying internally. Sobbing, actually."

"Speak of the devil and he shall appear," Shikamaru muttered, rubbing his face with a hand. "What a drag."

"Shut up, Drama Queen," The raven-blonde retorted, running a hand through his hair. He grumbled to himself, flicking dirt off of his shoulder.

"I thought you guys were arrested," Kurenai spoke up, looking over at Kakashi and Yuki. "And what happened to your clothes?"

Yuki and Kakashi blinked at the same time, glancing down. They were covered in dirt here and there and it was ripped in several places. Kakashi's Jounin vest had a tear in the right side and the thigh of his left leg was torn open but his skin was unscathed. Yuki's right sleeve of his sweater was gone and the collar of it was torn, showing more of his collar bone.

"We let ourselves out of jail," Kakashi answered, pulling out his Icha Icha. Yuki just nodded, pointing at the Jounin.

"What?" Asuma stopped his conversation with Shikamaru and got up, brushing off his pants. "I'm going to go see Hokage-sama."

"'Kay," Yuki smiled, waving slightly. "You have fun with that. Kakashi and I are going into hiding."

Kakashi nodded and just reached over to touch his partner's shoulder without looking, shunshining themselves away.

Xxxxxxxxxxx

"Somehow," Sarutobi sighed tiredly, running a hand over his face. "The entire jail was sent underground," He ignored his son, who looked at him with pity, and took a drag from his pipe. "Now, I have to deal with the Council and the paperwork. What did I do to deserve this?"

"Well..." Asuma sat down at a chair in front of the Hokage's desk, "You arrested Yuki and Kakashi. You should've known this would happen."

"Sometimes, I wish we had the quiet Kakashi back."

"I don't. Life wouldn't be as fun."

"That is very true, Asuma. Very true."