Chapter 47: Let's Begin

Can someone make fanart for my story? I think it'll be really cute and I want to see how you all think of the characters!

Also, I'm not sorry for the last chapter. The story needed to move along. :)

Let me know if you enjoyed it and what you want to see in the upcoming chapters! Remember, if I take too long to update, you have my email, instagram, and I'm pretty sure my kik is floating around somewhere here. Spam me if you need to! My Snapchat is up, too!

Anyways, enjoy!! ❤️

--Yuki 🍜

Xxxxxxxxxxx

They knew something was wrong when Kakashi walked down the shopping district with a bottle of alcohol and no Yuki by his side.

The Jounin was different. He was cold, uncaring, and seemed so tired. He was sad, that much was certain, but none of the villagers knew why until they saw the small twelve year-old in a bright orange jumpsuit.

"Oh, no," The words fell from Kurenai's lips when she saw Naruto but schooled her face when the child came over. "Hello, Naruto-kun."

"Hey, Kurenai-sensei!" He grinned widely, "How are you?"

The woman smiled politely, "I am alright, thank you for asking. I'm glad you're out of the hospital. Are you going to your genin team now?"

"Yep!" Naruto nodded before turning to face Kakashi, "Hey, sensei, can we get some ramen?"

The Hatake gave the boy an eye-smile, "Why don't we get some popsicles instead?"

The blonde's face screwed up in distaste, "Ew, popsicles? Gross!"

Kakashi looked stricken for a moment, looking away, before turning back, "Alright, we can get some ramen then."

"Yatta! Thanks, sensei!"

--

"Kakashi-sens-" Sakura stopped mid-sentence, her eyes widening, "Naruto!"

"Hey, Sakura-chan!" The boy smiled at her, "Look, I'm out of the hospital!"

"That's- That's great," She nodded, looking like she swallowed a lemon and had lime squirted in her eyes.

"Yeah," Naruto frowned momentarily, shaking his head a bit, before looking around. "Where's the teme? I wanna kick his ass."

"Like you can, dobe," The Uchiha walked up from behind him, looking unimpressed. If someone looked closely, they could tell that he was a bit uncomfortable, like everything changed in the four words he spoke.

"I'll beat you! Believe it!"
"S-Sasuke-kun will always win, baka!" Sakura hesitated in her shout and -was that fear in her eyes?

"What's going on?" Naruto stilled, looking at each of them. "Why are you all acting so weird?"

"We're not acting weird, Baka!" The Haruno shouted, seeming to get back into the swing of things.

"Alright, alright, fine!" The Uzumaki nodded before turning to Kakashi, "Sensei, what're we doing today?"

"We're completing a D-rank," The Jounin answered, not looking up from his orange book.

Naruto seemed to twitch at the sight of it for a moment before he shook his head, as if to clear it, "Man, I hate D-ranks!"

"Yeah, well, you all need to work on your teamwork. Let's head out now. The Hokage is waiting for us." The Hatake motioned the genin forward, opening a seal on his pouch, taking something out of it.