Chapter 8

If you guys are wondering, Kailee is not involved in a demon conspiracy or something. If your disappointed about that or something, I'm sorry. I just wanted to clarify that when Darry mentioned a prophecy, it wasn't going to be involved in the story.  The reason Kailee is different will be revealed, though.

Kailee lied on her back, in the guest bedroom of Danny's house.

She watched the plain white ceiling, staring into space.

She looked to the side to see the red, glowing letters in the dark.

1:57 AM

Kailee sighed quietly and turned her head to look back at the ceiling.

She didn't understand what was wrong with her.

Did it have anything to do with her being Danny's Guardian Angel? She didn't remember any Angel have these symptoms before.

Her cheeks got warm around Danny, and they turned to the color red. She knew it was 'blushing', but why was she doing it?

Why did she feel so self conscious around him? Why did she feel that she wasn't....

Good enough.

Her Father had told her what love was, what love outside the family type was, and she had a bad feeling this is what it was.

Her Father had said that love could be harsh, and it could hurt.

She was tired of hurt.

'This is giving me a headache.' She thought.

She didn't know why she did, when it started, how it did, or what the reason was, but tears started down her pale cheeks.

She closed her grey eyes, pushing more tears out, and sobbed.

She quietly sobbed.

She didn't know why, but it didn't stop her from crying.

It just made her cry harder.

__________________________

Kailee got up early, around 9:00 AM, and made her way onto the porch of the house.

She sat on the grass and picked blades of it as she watched cars go by, people walk their dogs, men and women rush to work, and humans speak rapidly on their phones.

She smiled slightly, watching what her Father had created. A community, a world, a planet.

Life.

All of them looked like they had the perfect lives, and she wished she had that perfect life in Heaven.

She wished to have friends in Heaven. She wished to be normal.

A slight breeze blew her hair and dress, as she closed her eyes, looking at peace.

She could hear all of the birds and crickets.

She could feel the sun on her back, the grass tickling her bare feet and legs.

"Who are you?" A female voice asked.

Kailee opened her eyes to see a girl about her age.

She had jean shorts on, along with a black tank-top. Her blonde hair went to the top of her back and her brown eyes seemed to glimmer with a hint of curiosity and kindness. She was not as pale as Kailee, but not really tan, either.  More in the middle, Kailee guessed.

"I'm Kailee." Kailee made sure to use 'I'm' instead of 'I am' since humans didn't talk like Angels.

"Why are you sitting on the Harp's yard?" She asked.