Chapter 24

It had taken a while, but Riniua had eventually gotten used to the idea.

Kailee had told her of her Angel past, her human connections, and her heritage. Riniua accepted it all.

Kailee had promised Riniua she could meet her friends and boyfriend later.

Riniua invited Kailee to stay for dinner and Jymin agreed. Kailee hid her flames.

As Kailee sat at the table beside Riniua, a male demon came through the door. He had dark purple hair, almost black, and black eyes with red pupils. He had ram horns on his head, long, pointed ears, sharp canines, and cat tail.

He greeted her and Kailee greeted him back. It was obviously Riniua's dad. His name was Omin.

They all sat down at the the table and dug into the food.

"So, Kailee. Who are your parents?" Omin asked.

Jymin glared at him. "My mom is dead." Kailee said bluntly.

Omin was taken back by this response. "Oh. My apologies." He never brought up her dad.

"Kailee, dear. You are welcome to take your true appearance." Jymin said when she noticed Kailee's lack of horns. She also noticed her ears were pointed, but not long and narrow like normal. Kailee's teeth were also slightly less sharp than a normal demon's teeth.

Kailee's fork stopped halfway to her lips. She choked on the food she had already had in her mouth. "Huh?!"

"You're welcome to take your demon form. No need to be shy." Omin summarized.

"Uh..." Kailee trailed off, but Riniua had her back. "Mom, Dad, Kailee is kind of self conscious about her demon form."

"No, no, it's fine. They would have to know sooner or later anyway." Kailee reassured her friend and took her demon form before the elders could say anything.

When the parents saw her flames, Omin gasped. "You're Satan's daughter?"

"Yeah. Please don't think of me any differently!" Kailee pleaded.

"Never." Jymin smiled at her and they all chatted amongst one another.

__________________________

Kailee sighed. She looked at the moon above her.

Danny put his arm around her. "Do you regret it?" He asked.

"Regret what?" She asked her boyfriend.

"Regret finding out you were a demon, everything that ever went wrong?" Danny said.

"Not really. Sure, it was a shock and I didn't like it at all at first. But I mean, it all turned out fine in the end." Kailee replied. "I have the three most best friends that could ever exist, the awesomest boyfriend ever, a great accepting demon friend who doesn't give a crap about my royal heritage, a dad who is nice and accepting, although he tortures sinning humans and is said to be an evil Devil, a human adult who helps my boyfriend with his stressful life and mine. What is there to regret?"

"You make a good point, Angel." Danny agreed.

"Do you think that we'll last? Us? And if we don't, will you still be there for me?" Kailee asked, quietly.

"I don't know. I love you, I know that. I don't know if it will last, but if it doesn't, let's never stop being friends, okay?" Danny hoped.

"Agreed. I love you." Kailee said.

"Love you too, Angel." Danny replied as he kissed her on the hill.

Kailee's tail swayed back and forth, happily and in bliss.

The 4th of July fireworks were shot off and boomed in the night sky.

Kailee and Danny could both feel the same electric shock that they'd always gotten when they kissed.

She didn't regret it. She could never. That fateful day that changed her life. When she landed in Danny's backyard.

They both pulled away and watched the shooting fireworks.

She whispered into the night air, the only thing that no one would ever hear her say.

"The day I was Grounded."

End of the book!! Hope you liked it!! I'll be starting Demon Within soon! Thanks my doggies!