Memories

*Damon's POV.Flashback1864*

The night was young, the cold wind struck against my face and suddenly I heard a blood curdling scream. Running towards my home I stopped as I watched my father drag Katherine's unconscious body out of our home, and throwing her into a cage. Stefan ran out of our home, watching as our father went off with Katherine. I ran up to Stefan as he just stood there, "What happened!?" My eyes filled with tears as I stand here yelling. "He took her Damon! They're going to kill her!" Tears ran down my face to the words that came out of his mouth. "We have to save her!? Let's go!" I took off running down the trail after the carriage, I stopped as I watched my father and his men take down other vampire's, and throw them in with Katherine. Stefan soon caught up, he stood close behind me. His heavy breathing caught my attention, "Stefan you need to lead them away from the carriage." He still stood close behind me looking confused, finally he took off running towards the group of men. "Over here! There's another one!" He lead the men away, soon I ran over to the cage door opening and grabbing Katherine out. Stefan came back trying to catch his breath, "Hurry! They'll be back soon!" Nodding my head, I looked down to see her eyes open slowly. "Damon?" Her weak voice called out, before I knew it I heard a loud noise of a gun going off echoed in my eats. Feeling something heated Pierce in me, I knew I was shot. Stefan held me and my wound, yelling my name until another shot went off.

~Blackout~

My surrounding changed, a musky smell hit my nose. My clothes covered in blood, my blood. I died, and I will continue to die. Katherine is dead and I will soon be with her again. "Here put this on." Emily had scared me, she smiled and placed a ring in my palm. "The sun will be up in a couple hours, that'll protect you." Her words left her lips softly, but sounded so loud. Emily walked away, Stefan was no where near me. My brother is gone, dead. "Damon?" A familiar voice caught my attention, Alexandria stood behind me with sadness in her eyes. Her gown was torn and her hair a mess, she was running from the men as well. "What are-" She placed her finger against my lips to stop me from talking. "Damon don't speak, I need to say this before I leave." Why is she leaving? Mystic Falls is her home now, she can't leave. " I love you Damon, I never wanted this to happen to you. I never meant for any of this to happen." Her eyes filled with tears, as she placed her hand on my face. Her soft lips pressed against mine, she pulled away, "I'll always protect you Damon, I'll always check on you. But it's to dangerous to remember me." Her eyes dilated, tears fell from her greenish blue eyes. "I love you, forget everything about me. I was never in Mystic Falls, I never was in your life." My eyes closed, when I opened them tears ran down my cheeks. Why am I crying? What just happened?

*Present Day*

So many flashbacks ran through my mind. Alexandria could of saved Katherine, but she ran to save herself. How could she do this? Strolling down the road thinking, my blood started to boil. The sound of a car engine was close by, I'll lay here. Soon the car came to a stop near me, a women stepped out. "Are you okay?" Worry filled her eyes as she stood over my body, "Im fine.. but you arent." Confusion came to her face as she slowly backed away, starting to run. I love when they run, my adrenaline starts to pump. Pushing off my heels I appeared in front of her, her Screams filled my ears. My fangs showed, eyes red, and veins popping out. "Please don't do this!" Tears dropped from her eyes, I grabbed a hold of her. My teeth sunk into her neck blood running down my throat and chin, Screams echoing through out the night. Her body went limp in my arms, dropping her to the ground I soon heard about three girls walking down the dark street. Hm, late night girls. My favorite. I pushed off towards them compelling them to stay put, I sunk my teeth into the first blonde headed girl. Letting her warm blood run down my throat, filling deep into my taste buds. "What are you doing?" I pulled away, dropping the girl to find Stefan looking at me in anger. Feeling the blood still all over my face, I felt my lips turn into a smirk. "What does it look like? I'm feeding, brother."

"Damon you're feeding out of anger." His calm voice made me pissed off. "Feeding out of anger? Ha. You haven't even seen half of it. This is just the beginning." I pushed off my heels leaving Stefan to clean up my mess.. Now to head home.

*Elena's POV*

He loves her... The girl that tried to kill me, and he loves her. She doesn't even love him like I do. I'm a mess tears running down my face, can't catch my breath from all the crying.
*Knock Knock*
"Can I come in?" Allie stuck her head into my bedroom door, "how- how did you get in?" She opened the door all the way Stepping in, " Your aunt invited me in. Look Elena-" I stopped her from speaking, "I dont want to hear it.." Snapping back at her, no more tears ran down my face only anger in my eyes. "Well that's to bad, you're gonna hear it." She stood close in front of me, looking at how much of a mess I am. "I don't love him, Elena. Only Damon, I'm not going to take him from you." Her eyes followed me as I walked over to my window. My head full of so much, until it hit me.. "You already took him. So now I'm taking Damon." With no fear in my eyes as I looked deep in hers. Allies eyes were filled with shock and anger. Her hand was soon around my neck, forcing me against the wall. Her veins popping out, eyes red with fangs out. "I came here to be your friend! And you pull this card? You're just like Katherine.. I've been at this way longer than you have sweetheart. If you try anything, I mean ANYTHING with Damon. I'll snap your neck like a twig." Her grip around my neck around stopped me from being able to speak, the oxygen was cut from my lungs. Within seconds I felt my body get flung across the room into my body mirror. When I looked up, Allie was gone. The mirror was shattered, blood ran down my face, and a cut on my arm. Jeremy ran in "What happened?" He looked so confused with worry on his face. "Nothing, I tripped and fell into my mirror." I lied straight through my teeth to him. "You sure you're okay?" He's so worried... "Yes, Jer. Go to bed we have school tomorrow." He nodded and walked back to his bed room. I pulled myself up and made my way into the bathroom to get cleaned up. Tomorrow will be better...

*Alexandria's POV*

Elena had broke me, she knows my weakness now. I feel horrible for choking her and throwing her, but she needs to learn that I have anger issues..
"Shouldnt be walking out here alone, Alexandria. It isnt safe." His familiar voice brought a smile to my face, even though what he did.
"You also shouldnt stake a lady in the heart." Within seconds he was close in front of me, "I truly am sorry for that." I could never stay mad at Elijah, we have been through to much together. "Its okay, but Elijah? Why are you here?" His face soon lost his happy smile, only worry showed. "Elijah? What's wrong?" He took a couple steps away from me, with his arms behind his back. "I need you to give me your word, that you'll help me no matter what." With what? Confusion came to me.. "I give you my word, Elijah." He took a deep breath. "Nicklaus is soon to be in Mystic Falls, for the doppelganger. I need your help to kill him." My body froze, I can't help him. I still adore my love for him.. But I don't want to run anymore.. "Elijah may I think about all this and meet with you tomorrow?" His eyes locked with mine as he nodded, then he was gone. My head is pounding with all these thoughts.. Nicklaus is soon to be here. He will find me and kill me.. but I still love him..