I'll Die Trying

Jackson had understood that my family needed me. I could tell that he didn't like the fact I was going because of klaus but he knew that I still love him dearly. He told me before I left that he wants to see me again to come back to him, even if it's just to be friends. He hugged me, leaving a kiss on my cheek telling me to be safe. And now here I am ten minutes outside of Mystic Falls speeding to get to my family. I had called Kol he knows about what is happening but doesn't have enough time to make it back home to help, it's down to Elijah, Rebekah and myself to help.

I pulled up in front of the Gilbert house hold, rushing inside without knocking. To find Elijah with everyone in the kitchen.

"Where is he!" I growled loudly.

Everyone's head snapped in my direction. Stefan pushed Elena behind him a little, no one would speak to me. Everyone stood in fear expect for Elijah. He could see the hurt and worry in my eyes. Every second that past without a word being said pissed me off even more, a glass vase came in sight. I picked it up smashing it against the wall, making everyone jump.

"I'll burn this house to the ground if I don't get answers. Now where is my husband!" I shouted as my eyes flashed golden yellow.

"H-hes with Damon.." Elena said.

"We are getting the location, Rebekah is on her way to bring him home. I made a promise to Elena that we will not awaken him yet." Elijah spoke, I could my whole face change.

"My husband will be awaken when I please! And I will go with Rebekah." I growled, how dare he make such a promise? I shall do as I please. Klaus is my husband and if I want his by my side, he will be there. Elena and Stefan shared looks of worry, as I paced back and forth thinking.

"We will keep the promise, Alexandria." Elijah spoke up.

"Fuck all of you." I shouted walking out.

I walked into our home straight to his study, all his paintings scattered across the room. All of me, some of him and I. My heart felt as it was crushed once again. It's been broken so many times through the years, but him, him being taken from me hurts alot. How can Elijah be so stupid to make a promise like that? He knows how I feel about it. But he did it anyways, the man that I love won't be in my life for another century. My phone went off with a text of here his body is.

I ran out of the house to my car speeding down the road out of town. We may not be able to wake him, but he will be by my side at all times. The day he awakens will be the best day of my life. I won't leave him again, I'll stay by his side. I will not let our love for eachother die, we are better than that. I already miss his arms wrapped around me, the kisses he leaves on my forehead, the 'I love yous', I miss it all. I miss his face.

--------------

I arrived at the storage units, Rebekah is already here. I parked beside her car getting out and entering the building. It's quite.

"Damon? Rebekah?" I called out.

No answer. My blood boiled more, I continued walking. Some units were wide open, somethings wrong. I can feel it. By the time I made it towards the unit were Klaus is, I opened it to reval nothing. Suddenly I was thrown across the way. My eye site blurry, I looked up to see Ric smirking down at me, with a white oak stake in hand.

"I was wondering when you'd show up. I was going to kill your husband first, but you'll do." He chuckled coming at me. Quickly I dodged him, knocking the stake out of his hand. Only for me to get thrown again. I laid on the ground coughing up some blood, Ric walked to me kicking me in the gut over and over again. I cried in pain. He walked away grabbing the stake, giving me the chance to run at him from behind. Jumping up my hybrid face came out as I went to bite him, only to take the white oak stake to my stomach.