Raining Blood

Elena's POV~Dear Diary

Dear Diary,

    I'm 18 today, it's hard to believe that I'm 18. I made it, I'm still human too. I was so excited for my 18th birthday, but now that Stefans gone it's not the same anymore. It's been three months, every time we get a lead it just leads us to a dead end. Allies been gone to, word has it she ran off once klaus gave her freedom. I don't think she did, she wouldn't just leave Damon like this. Also Damon has been helping me all summer, he's been there for me and I've been there for him too. He misses her, just like I miss his brother. Caroline's throwing me a birthday party, I told her I want a small one with just my friends. But knowing Caroline she will make something big. I really just can't wait for tonight to be over with. All I really want is Stefan back..

   I stopped writing and closed my journal, tears streamed down my face. I know I shouldn't be crying but, I just miss him. I've spent all summer looking for him, only to hit rock bottom. My phone started to buzz like crazy, without looking I quickly answered.

   "Hello?" I said quietly, wiping away tears.

   "Happy birthday! You ready for tonight?" Caroline spoke happily into the phone, I was hoping for the call to be from Stefan. I wonder if he even knows it's my birthday?..

  "Honestly.. No. I just want to stay in tonight care." I said softly, all I really want is for Stefan to be here.

   "That's to bad. It's your birthday Lena!" Caroline spoke loudly into the phone making me pull mine away from my ear. "Oh, and my mom found another lead in Tennessee. I'll send you the info." With that Caroline ended the call.

  Once those words left her mouth, I couldn't help but smile. I.. I mean we might finally get him back. My phone went off, quickly I wrote down everything Caroline sent onto a paper. I got up and ran down the hall to Damon's room. He was pulling his shirt over his head, getting dressed. He turned around realizing I was in the room, "Hey birthday girl!" He smirked, pulling his shirt all the way down .

  I threw my arm up in the air waving the paper around, smiling big. "I got another lead! Let's go." I went to grab the car keys, but suddenly they were gone. Damon held them in his hand with a frown on his face.

  "Elena." He sighed, here comes the speech. "Its your birthday. This lead will be still be here tomorrow." My heart shattered, to his words.

  "This is Stefan we're talking about!" I yelled loudly, as tears filled my eyes. How can he not want to go after this lead?.. Damon pulled me into his arms, hugging me.

  "He would want you to enjoy your birthday, Elena." Damon whispered while Rubbing my back. I nodded pulling away from him, wiping away my tears.

  "You're right. He would." I smiled and walked away, once I was out his door my smile dropped and a frown came to my face. The door shut behind me, I walked to Stefans bedroom and shut the door. I've missed all the fun activities this summer, I've searched and searched for stefan. Only to get nothing, but dead bodies that klaus left.

  I should try and have fun tonight. I walked over to the closet and pulled out a black short dress, the back of the dress showed back, I pulled out a pair of silver high heels. My make up and hair are on point. Right when I pulled my dress on, Stefan's bedroom door busted open. "Damon? What's wrong?" I asked turning around to pin a piece of my hair back, Damon stood there looking at me.