Prince!Killer x Prisoner!Reader [1] - Hang in there

Hi!

I'm sorry if this was short. I'm sorry if this was angst. I'm sorry if this is what you're looking for. You didn't specify. I'm sorry for being a failure. I'm sorry for not updating in a long time. I'm sorry for apologizing. I'm sorry for making you wait. I just..

I'm sorry for bringing this up. I have irl issues with my 'friends'. I apologize.

[F/N] - First Name
[E/C] - Eye Color

-

Killer made his way down the castle's dungeon, footsteps clacking loudly as he takes a step and another.

Kid, Killer's closest prince friend, didn't want Killer to go down there and associate with the filthy prisoners however,

Killer's excuse, however, for going down was to eliminate suspicious activity within prisoners.

But actually,

His purpose was to see a certain captive.

Killer pitied her. He doesn't even know the girl's name. She was held in there for as long as he remembered.

Well, asides from pity, his heart also felt smitten for the girl. She was prettier than any princess Kid could've forced him to court.

Then again, he doesn't know her name.

As he got closer to his destination, he heard sounds of crying, snapping him out of his thoughts.

Convincing himself that those noises didn't come from her, he continued.

Finally, he reached his destination.

The girl was crying.

/She/ was crying.

There she sat, hugging her legs to her chest. Her eyes burrowed in her knees. Though the crying sound was slightly muffled now, Killer was still standing there feeling sympathy.

"Ehem," Killer starts, to actually get her attention.

Said girl stopped crying and looked at Killer. Fear and sadness written all over her face.

"Y-You must be Killer," She said, It was almost like a whisper though.

Killer nodded.

/He isn't supposed to be doing this!/

The masked blond tried to take a move but his feet were not moving. As if glued on the floor.

"I-I see.. is it time for my execution?"

Killer flinched.

"No.. n-no. Not at all," He lied.

The petite girl sadly believed his lies and smiled faintly, face were still drenched with tears, "That's good."

Oh how Killer wanted to see those [E/C] orbs.

"Hey," Killer said. He was very hesitant to talk to her but this time, he'll speak, "I have some a-advice for you."

The girl remained silent, unmoving.

"Just.. do what he says for now," Killer continued and shut his eyes "Then, who knows.. he might actually free you."

Silence hung in the air for who knows how long. Killer decided to go back up before he could even see Kid's childlike tantrums.

"Thanks."

Killer swung his head around, looking back at the girl.

/she actually spoke?/

"That actually made me feel better," The girl said, tucking a hair at the back of her ear "You're not so bad.. after all."

Killer's cheeks showed different shades of red. Though, it's not possible to see it under his mask.

/shit i have to reply/

"Uh.. thanks.. eh.. um.." Killer said sheepishly. He doesn't want to make it obvious that he doesn't know her name.

The girl giggled and replied, "It's [F/N]."

Kid's shouting had became audible from his location. Killer knew he just had to go.

"Okay, goodbye [F/N]," Killer said, walking away from the cell.

Killer then sighed. At last he finally got the name.

Then something struck him.

He knew this was a terrible mistake.

He was better off not knowing her name.

Because he remembered..

Her execution is tomorrow..

..and he is in charge of doing it.

-

May or May not post updates in my twitter, @shortfailure.

I don't need any followers. I'm too much of a failure for that.

Just.. if you need to know what happened that I delayed this book, then go, stalk me there.

I occasionally get bored or have sad attacks or author blocks so I need the internet to satisfy my mind.

*sad attacks - when I get sad and remind myself that i'm an unwanted, short, highly tempered girl that has been backstabbed many times.