My Apologies

My apologies
Pairing: Reader/Kid Eustass
Setting: Before timeskip
Extra notes:

He was a man of few words. You were bubbly and spontaneous. He was what you would call a ruthless killer. You were someone who would never hurt a fly.

It starts when he picks you at a certain island as an additional cook. He of course identified your finesse at culinary and you were very happy at that.

It picks up when Killer befriends you a week after your arrival. Though you were never close enough to see what's hiding behind that blue mask of his, you were glad to have made a friend in this crew.

Soon enough, you didn't expect, you became friends with most of the crew. Most of the crew, excluding Kid.

After a month, It becomes confusing when you realize you were picked as a cook for a pirate ship even though you don't have any experience in fighting. At first you found it strange. How Kid will always order a crew member to stand by your side to protect you. Though at first you thought it was because he cares for his crewmates, but after seeing how some are awfully treated-- especially those who are useless in combat intrigued you.

But you remain silent about it.

A year after your stay, it becomes complicated when you start crushing on the captain. You hadn't told anyone about it but Killer and you're still considering the idea of confessing. Staring at Killer makes you disregard the thought.

I mean, you know nothing of him. Other than he's the captain of the ship, a supernova and that he's very strong and cool.

Else than that, you know nothing, and you were starting to lose hope.

Soon, It becomes better when you thought you were in a relationship with the captain. After a night inside the captain's room talking and eating good food and some sake that Killer brought, your greatest wish was already fulfilled.

But did it really go better?

Or did it take a turn for the worst?

If it did go for the good..

then why--

Why were you lying on a pool of your own blood?

You do not get the situation, and you'll probably never will.

The setting was midnight. You are slowly bleeding out in the deck by a stab wound on your left thigh made by none other than your captain who is positioned beside you, watching you slowly bleed out, not doing anything. The scent of blood lingers in the air and you were too distracted by the pain and confusion to escape.

You laugh halfheartedly as you remind yourself of how the red stain on your clothes matches his hair.

"Kid," You called weakly. Hoping to catch the attention of the said man. Fortunately, he looked at you after hearing his name "Why did you even make me part of your crew?"

Silence.

"I never looked at you as a part of the crew," He lied, "You had information we needed. You drunkenly babbled about it last night, and now you are to be disposed."

"Why did you wait for a year?" You questioned.

"I was waiting for the right time," He lied again.

You laughed once more in an attempt to break silence and choke blood in doing so.

You wanted to stay a bit more.

Too bad, your vision is slowly fading.

"Captain," You mumble, smiling as you do, "You may be a pirate, but you're a really bad liar."

"My apologies, Princ--" He replied but was cut off when he saw your eyes close.

"At least let me say it through the end."

---

"You may be a pirate, but you're a bad liar, Kid," You joked at the captain holding a glass of sake while laughing very loudly.

"My Apologies, Hime-sama," Kid played along, he even curtsied in front of you. That was of course followed by another laugh coming from your mouth.

Kid was all but drunk when this happened, but he was laughing. His usual frown is replaced with a smile and he was in front of a girl that he could stay beside with forever.

---

"Kid," Killer spoke, "I apologize but it has to end this way."

"You have been too attached. It's rather unhealthy for a captain to be for a single girl."

"We don't want to risk you crying on her corpse when she dies while we're being attacked by other pirates."

Notes:
This was supposed to be an AN but then I was like wHO THE FUCK WANTS ANs??

I'm sorry UvU
but It's really just my small headcanon that Killer is that one crewmember that wants the best for his captain and that Kid is just a huge ball of Asahi-ness in a large fur coat.

Oh shit no one knows who Azumane Asahi-san is. Oh yeah well

adios!