Chapter 7 Satan

He should be back at camp, not anywhere else, especially not in the Land of Angels.

Perched in the shadow of a tree, he watched as the angel, her hair the color of the clear sky, stomped away, leaving behind a watery-eyed fox looking hurt and confused.

Satan grinned.

Two days ago, after following the Angel back to her house, he had magically sealed off the fox monster's voice, and had been communicating with the Angel telepathically ever since.

Looking around, he adsorbed in his surroundings in an instant. With a great yard and hallways circling the rooms, the house was elegant and proud. In a corner of the hallway bamboos swayed joyfully with the wind while the pond in the middle of the garden teemed with life; the fishes swishing their tails here and there as the dragonfly hurried excitedly on top.

(A/N For those who didn't get it, I was describing a Japanese-styled house, but since they didn't have Japan in there..... oh well, continue.)

In a few elegant jumps, he dropped to the floor and was about to fly towards the direction of the Angel when he suddenly sensed someone hostile nearby. Instincts taking instant control, he threw his dagger at that person, the dagger whistling through the air with great force. The person, or Devil, he should say, noticed the dagger just in time but only barely managed to move out of the way before the dagger was pinned against the tree, missing the Devil's throat by a few mere inches. Knowing that he was caught, that Devil fled in the opposite direction with Satan, sensing the Devil to be up to no good, giving chase. But Satan hadn't gone far before a voice stopped him.

"Satan," called Tarren, his most trusted friend, as he landed next to Satan. "You need to return to base. Now."

"Calm down, Tarren. No need to look all worried, that will make you age faster."

Tarren rolled his eyes. "Source says that they have started, and your father is asking for your presence," he said, causing Satan's smile to disappear.

"I thought they haven't found Marden," he growled. All traces of playfulness were gone, replaced with the grim concern Satan felt for his family.

"They haven't, but it seems they're not going to keep their word."

Rubbing his brow, Satan sighed. Although from the same line, there was to different voices in his family. While one wanted Marden to come back and conquer the Lands, the other opposed it, deeming if the Devil Lord was to come back it will plunge all Kingdoms to chaos. Both have been competing for the control of the family for decades, and currently his father, one of the Devil's that rejected Marden, was the leader of the family.

"Satan, we need to go back. As in, right now," Tarren impatiently hurried.

"Fine, I'll go home," he said, but the sound of his voiced convinced his friend that he was not too happy about his journey's interruption. This meant that someone was going to pay, and it's as sure as Marden's personality that it's not going to be from his side.

"Good," Tarren said, flying off before Satan could say anything else.

With a final look at the house behind him, Satan took off, following Tarren.