Chapter 12

Groggily I wipe my eyes with my fists, my hair replicating a birds nest. Memories of last night drifting back, the tubes filled with blood, the X-Rays, the dizziness, the ambulance...Rose, where is she?! I stumble out of bed, unlatching the door and sprinting down the hall, not bothering to knock, I barge into her room.  Everything was the same as it was two nights ago, the tissues beside her bed, the movie covers sprawled on the floor, what a wreck. I climb into bed next to her, wrapping the blankets around us both, my hand laying across her small figure.                                                                                                                    "Wake up sleepy head, time to drop me off to school.", I whisper                                               She turns around groggily, "Go away."                                                                                "Nope, no can do sis!"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   "Your such a b-"                                                                                                                                                 I clamp my hand on her mouth, "Language!" I tsk.                                                                                                                    She pulls my hand off her and... thump. "Oww!"                                                                                  "Shut up, I need my beauty sleep!" She yells, turning over.                                                             Humph, she's always so angry and moody in the morning!                                                                                                                         "Well that wasn't very nice." I scold her, a smile on my lips.                                                                                                                       "Don't care."                                                                                                                                             Hmm, she asked for it. I crouch down on my knees crawling across the floor and... a scream of laughter tumbles from her mouth.                                                                                                              "Mercy, Mercy!" she screams.                                                                                                                                "Not till you treat me nicely and apologise."                                                                                                                           "Never!" she yells through fits of laughter.                                                                                                                                                                        I continue my tickling assault at her waist, the laughter pouring from her.                                          " Fine, fine, I give up. I'm sorry Holly you're the best sister in the world..."                                                     "Glad that was so-"                                                                                                                                                              Now it was my turn to scream relentlessly. "Stop! Stop! Please!" I beg.                                                                                   "Fine than." She jumps off the bed and walks into her wardrobe. Moments later she returns in a 1950's style cream shirt dress, a narrow brown belt around waist, her cinnamon curls cascading at her shoulders.                                                                                                                     "Let's go shopping than, cause I'm not going to work today so you're not going to school. Understood?"                                                                                                                                           "Yes, mam'!" I salute before quickly exiting the room. Her laughter floating down the hall.              I quickly pull on my dark denim ripped jeans, a grey three quarter length nike top and a blue beanie, my chocolate brown hair left straight at my waist.
Bounding down the stairs, I greet Rose talking to Emmet. He smiles at me as he wraps his arms around my waist, bringing me in close. "Hello beautiful"                                                                                "Hey handsome. Can I have that leather jacket?"                                                                                                                    "Someday..." I laughed as I buried my head in his chest.                                                                        He looks down at me, tilting my chin up so my eyes are level with his, "You feeling better?"                                   I knew the question was going to come, only minutes before I had to leave this dream before being bought back down to reality again. The girl with the broken heart that doesn't function properly and everyone always worried, especially lately.                                                              "Hmmm...I'm okay. Better now that you're here."                                                                                Rose rudely interrupts, a smile plastered on her face. "Sorry lovebirds but I am taking my little sister shopping, no boys allowed!" She looks directly at Emmet.                                                                He chuckles, "Just a sec."                                                                                                              He turns back to me, "Anyways, I came to see if you wanted to come to a beach getaway with me, it's just a couple hours up the coast-" He eyes dart to the floor, voice low, "If your well enough that is."                                                                                                                        Now it was my turn to make him look at me, "Hey." I say seriously.                                                  "I'm fine it was just hyperventilation caused from all the stress and my emotions at the moment. Nothing more, nothing less. I'd love to go with you this weekend."                              And with that I placed a short kiss on his lips, "but I do really need to go before Rose kills me."                                                                                                                                                      With that he chuckles and passes me onto Rose. "Have fun girls!"                                                                                "We will!"