Chapter 3

Sunlight reflecting off familiar faces I gradually pull my eyes open, unwrapping my legs from Emmet's waist I plant a small kiss on his neck. His hand reaching tenderly around me, helping me to get down. The moment I land I'm surrounded by family and friends hugging, kissing and cheering in my face, ahhh! Smiling I hug them all back when someone comes behind me, her cinnamon curls and caribbean eyes (dark, grey blue) twinkling bright, I hug her tight, our scents wrapping around causing a new delicious scent filling the air, "Rose... I thought you said you wouldn't make it?" Her rhythmic voice breathes "I would never miss a race of yours, any time I get to spend with you is precious and shall not be wasted." In case you were wondering this is my sister, Rose Dove, recently she was travelling around Europe with her un-biological sister Gracie Summers, I've got friends, Emmet, Beau, Cooper, Jasmine, Charlie and the list goes on, but none as close as them, I've always dreamed of a friendship like Gracie and Rose but everyone seems to leave before I get a chance to. My mind awakes with Rose's soothing voice, beside me "Holly, what's going on in that beautiful mind of yours, you haven't spoken for 10 minutes!" "Nothing ...I'm just scared..." And that was when the tears began to pour, hail and thunder to. She gives me one last squeeze whilst Emmet gently wraps his arm around my waist, leading me away from all the chaos. He wipes the tears from my cheek, smudging their path, "Holly?" "Yeh..." "Are you alright?" How do I answer that? I've never been okay, always running, always hiding, running from the truth that one day I will break, before the ones I love, knowing that I have the power to do great harm to the ones around me...Emmet. The tears sprinkle down my cheek, whispering "Kiss me". His eyes filled with sadness and concern his thumb brushing away my tears, "I love you and don't think I regret asking you out, it would be a pleasure for you to be the one who broke me, because at least I'd know that I've found love." that was it all I needed to hear, to know that he didn't regret. He leans down placing his lips to mine, wrapping his fingers through my hair, mine entwined behind his neck, my lips brushing against his, his pain and love showing through this one kiss, my stomach twisting with guilt, no Holly he said he loves you and doesn't care if you are the one to break him, stop feeling guilty. I push the thought away, wrapping my body closer around him, kissing and shedding every emotion in my tiny heart, he wraps his arms around my tiny structure, encasing me in a shell of love, care and protection. Pulling away for our breathe (well, what hasn't been taken away) , resting on each other's forehead a breathe's length from each other's tempting lips, he whispers, eyes never leaving mine "I will never break your heart, I will never leave, I won't be that boy your mother warns you of, Holly, you can never make me more in love with you then I already am, because just seeing you sends my body into a daze. I will never runaway." Sealed. Done. Emmet is mine and I am his, forever.