Chapter 13

*4 years later*

My heart beats at the speed of a Ferrari, legs itching to release. Bang, and I'm off to a roaring start, passing 4th and 3rd trailing just by a bit in second. The crowd is roaring; buzzing and alive. The clapping and yelling, banging against chairs fills the ground, erupting into my body, spreading through my blood stream. The ache in my legs pesters for me to slow down, but being the stubborn girl that I am, I cant. I won't. She's only a hair length away, white line 5 metres in front of that. And just like that numbness takes over, my body slowing, I stumble across the line gasping. 4th. So close, so far.

I'm shaken awake by my beautiful fiancée, the heart shaped diamond ring glinting in the dimly lit room. "Holly, what's wrong?" "Nothing, just a bad dream." Memory. My conscious mocks. Stop that! "The same one?" His eyes search mine. "Yea." I breathe in defeat. Pulling my body into his hard chest, running his fingers through my hair, whispering into my ear. "I've already told you this but I'll tell you a million times over. That was last time. You'd only come out of hospital. You've been training for years and haven't had another relapse like it. You will be perfectly fine." Why is he so kind , so nice, so perfect. "Plus, this time your engaged to me!" He adds cockily. Punching his arm slightly I giggle before placing a quick kiss on his lips. "I love you Emmet." "I love you too." His arms wrap around my waist, my back flush against his chest. His warm breathe alive in my ear. This time I fall back asleep peaceful and undisturbed. The way I've slept for the past month and plan to sleep for the rest of my life, wrapped in his arms.