Illmatic Prologue

First things first I want to thank every writer on wattpad that inspired me to finally write a story of my own .. Especially Zaria Renee & Naixoblaze I love you both!

Everything I write comes from my imagination and events, people, music , and art from the '90s. (Most likely there will be a picture every chappie .. I love visuals.)

I dont own any pictures/art or music .. only my characters and story !!!

Well I hope y'all enjoy !!!

__________________________

~ If only my journey belonged to me , and not captivity
Envious human jealous of the birds and the bees
Come and go as they please
And I just sit here miserably afraid to leave ~

Sunday dinner with Pops @ luxurious captivity...

I'm so sick of this shit yo! Every Sunday Pops and I have dinner. This is the only time I see him. We usually talk about some new joint I heard or a piece of art that I painted. If I didn't have JoJo to keep me hip on whats going down on the outside I would definitely be a lame.

Everytime I ask Pops why I can't explore the city he always give me this whack excuse or speech. That I'm really not hearing, feel me? I'm nineteen years old now, I'm tired of being a nobody. But, I just don't have the guts to go against my Pops, he all I got.

"Babygirl, this food is the bomb! You put ya foot in this shit!" He exaggerated licking the grease off his fingers from the fried chicken. "Thanks Pops. Ava can't burn in the kitchen like me." I mumbled. "Word." He chuckled.
"Speaking of Ava, how she doin'?" Ava ain't nothing but a uppity thirstbucket but, that's not my business. I only met her once and I could smell that she was 'cheese eater' from the do'.
"She straight, parlayin' and shit the usual." He replied sippin' his ice tea. He act like I'm around all the time or something.

It gets lonely when I only have my poetry, art, and my radio to keep me sane. My Pops always has 'business' to take care of, whatever the fuck that is. Oh! My bestfriend JoJo, he works for my pops as my protector as I call it. We basically grew up together. I only see him when he drops by to check on me. To see if I'm still alive, and to shoot dumb shit to keep me entertained.

"Anyway, I flicked my hand dismissing thoughts of her, I need to talk to you about something important." I said nervously, my hands started to sweat. I rubbed my hands on my jeans. "Anything baby girl what's on your mind?" He answered giving me his full attention. "Ok sooo ... I been thinking I want to open up my own art gallery." I quickly looked down at my food playing with my fork on my untouched plate.

On the real he always get dumb tight, and start spazzin' on me , but I need to showcase my wants. "Now babygirl why would you ask me something like that?" He scrunched up his face while wiping his hands on a napkin. "You know how I feel about you leaving out of these four walls. You are not protected. Why do you even want an art gallery?"

You know when you blow out a frustrated breath and your lips flap together, that's what happened. "Pops, look around , I waved my arms emphasizing, my crib is an art gallery. This is my craft I want to show the city how dope I am. I have art work that the world needs to see." I could see it now, my art gallery would be phat! A place where people could go to not only admire or, buy my work but to vibe. 'Euphoria For The Brown Skins.'

"I don't think you hearing me! " He raised his voice an octave. "Your not doin' that garbage Alijah, that's not bringing in guap! Its just a hobbie for you, know I'm sayin'?" I can't believe him right now. I tried to keep my emotions at bay but I couldnt.

I looked up at my Pops with tear-filled eyes. "Yo!, he yelled banging on the glass counter top, don't start that sappy shit! Are these four walls not enough for you?! Do I not take care of you! Gave you this phat ass crib to live in, you stay mad icy. I don't see the problem." Shaking his head he was just outdone. "I feel like I'm a caged animal, I sobbed, I can't pursue my career in art, I have no friends, I ain't shit!" I yelled trembling lips and all.

"Who are you yellin at!" Pops pushed me off my barstool. I landed with a loud thump. "You my fuckin' blood and you gone do what I say is fit!" He said sternly with tight lips. "These streets will eat yo pretty ass alive B! They don't give a damn about you and yo ratchet ass art! You will NOT go against me! If you do, we can take it there! You don't need that in ya life, but I'll do it to you."

I shook with sobs and fear "I got it." I answered almost in audibly. I can never win and express how I truly feel, he doesn't get me. That's alright though, I refuse to give up on my dreams I'm not hearing Pops.

He kneeled to my level, I flinched when his lips touched my cheek. "I'm only telling you this for your own good baby girl, I love you."
I nodded as his words went in one ear and out the other. "Ahite, I'm outtie lock up." Pops said standing up. "JoJo gone pass through to check on you lata."

~ Oh the places I would go if I were only free
Away from strangers, friends, apologies to my family
But I am not yet free
So I take refuge in my mind
This music, art, and poetry ~
- Alijah .

_________________________________

Soooooo lol .. what yall think ??

Alijah?

Kalie pops?

Alijah's luxurious captivity in the mm .
Her loft sexy af to me I love it ..
Thats not the furniture though .. that aint it chief ..

This is only the beginning !
Please vote , leave some feedback it would be greatly appreciated..
-love ..