Illmatic 15

Por favor Bebe Por Favor

Thursday June 30, 1994

The last day of the month

JoJo is finally about to pay me a visit after almost a whole week. Erica told me to just to go with my move or the flow whichever would be best. She told me earlier in the week that she had already spoken to JoJo and to expect him on Thursday around supper time. " I called Jody up and talked to him for a minute. He sounds like his normal self so everything should be goody. I was riffing on him as usual so he wouldn't think anything...Just talk to him girl. "

" Alijah you got this! " I exclaim to myself as I set out two glasses of JoJo's favorite of mine: peach tea alongside the plates of cheesy lasagna that I just pulled out of the oven not even 10 minutes ago. " He's your bestfriend girl stop buggin' the fuck up. You know he supports you with everything you desire or want to pursue. " I blow a raspberry as I take a seat at the bar next to the food that I prepared at the last minute. 'I'm nervous!' When Jody pops in to check on me he always acts like he's starving like Melvin or whatever he be saying.

My angel suddenly wants to grant me her presence. ' The worst he could say is no Alijah, It's no big deal.' I give my gold timepiece a glimpse. It's 6 O'clock on the dot. He should be here any minute now. ' Pssh It is a big deal, the rebel rolls her eyes unconvinced, Sweetheart, we are not taking no for an answer! We not even gonna have that. ' The angel shakes her head in dismay not approving in her corner of: I'm against your plans of freedom! ' Your acting so delusional right now but, okay! We will see when Jody gets here in a few. '

Suddenly, I hear JoJo's signature one, two beats against the front door and the sound of his keys jingling as he sticks them in the keyhole

Suddenly, I hear JoJo's signature one, two beats against the front door and the sound of his keys jingling as he sticks them in the keyhole. My spirit lights up with a multitude of joy, I miss my bestfriend so much! I briskly make my way to the door as it opens. His face illuminates with happiness and relief when his sight falls upon me. We speak almost at the same time. " JOJO you bootyhead ! I missed you ! " I exclaim giggling. " LadyBug look what I got you! " I take a peek in the bag as he closes and locks the door. " Oooo, my favorite BlueBell's Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream and waffle cones! " I pull his slim and tall physique into me wrapping my arms around him squeezing him. " Your Welcome and I missed you too 'Lijah! " He chuckles, his tone vibrating against me as he embraces me back, rocking me from side to side.