Illmatic 12

I Can

I Can ...

Maybe he was a test run or just practice for the next man; the right man perhaps.
He was temporary peeks of sunshine on a rainy day. The lil' bright specks that shoot through dark gray clouds.
Yea, I'll look at it in a new perspective to get over the wool that was pulled over my naive eyes. I was giving it all the benefit of doubt but, even that was too much.
That emotional rollercoaster has descended for now. I will keep my eyes open and not be lead astray by foolery.
Alijah I can ..
- Alijah Navae

Continuation : Last time on Illmatic Treasure.

Luxuxurious Captivity
10:30 PM Sunday Night

The relaxing melodelic voice of Sade's Smooth Operator serenades the young brown women's ears. While the smell of Cranberry Mandarin candles brings bliss to their senses as it fills the front room.
" Go fish baby! " Erica yells joyfully throwing down a two of hearts. I purse my lips and roll my eyes in defeat as, my index and middle finger frisbee it across my custom made dark brown wooden glass table in the living room to her side of the table.

" I don't wanna play no more Ri-Ri you took all my lil' quarters... I have never seen you act in this manner. " I pout throwing down the the remaining cards in my hand. Erica laughs evily with a mouth full of Cheetos sliding the eight quarters to her collection from the games before.
" Aw Babygirl don't get all bent it's just a game sweetheart! " Erica playfully throws in my face.

I giggle at that as I lay back on the soft offwhite fur carpet wiggling my freshly painted and moisturized orange-red polish toes. " Don't even try it because you was getting 187 hot when I won a hand! It was only one hand! " I stuck up my i ndex finger for emphasis.
" Wooooow Alijah wooow! " I bust out laughing at how dramatic Erica sounds.
" Flavor Flav head ass! " I holler hysterically cupping my hands around my mouth.
" Shut up! " She yells over my laughter throwing a Cheeto at my face. My mouth O's in unexpectedency.

" You childish! " I yell coughing trying to catch my breath. I throw one back her head moves to catch it quickly with her mouth. She chuckles under her breath chewing loudly.
" You playing too much now, I mumble while eating the leftover chips off the carpet ( five second rule ) , I just cleaned my crib today. " My hand dusts the residue off the soft and fluffy material.
" I'm not even gone front you the only one I know who can take this ass whooping like a woman. " Erica states as my lips smack involuntarily.

" You act like you didnt come from a family of women who gambled at the card table! Your grandmuva at one table pimpin' women outta they money like: " Un Uh Aretha you a dollar short don't make me jump over this table on you now! " I raise my voice as I think she would. " Plus it's just a game come on now. I'm a real one! " I exclaim her smile mirroring mine. We both know I am not hard up for money.