Illmatic 9

Whatchu Want,Whatchu Need

Whatchu Want,Whatchu Need ...

~ Alijah's Diary ~
Summer: June 19 , 1994

What does a man want in a woman?
That is the question. Does he want a friend in you? Does he want a lover in you? Maybe he wants to control you.
Is he plottin' on you? He wants to take you for everything you've got!

Are you his play toy?
Whenever he needs you he takes you out the box , and discards you?
Are you a bus he can just jump off when he gets ready?
Does he just want somebody - a tender body he can rub on and penetrate slow like its love , but its just a fuck?
A good peice of nani' that he can drown in.

Does he want a sidepiece a guilty pleasure ? He could just lust after you.
He has a fetish for you? Maybe so?
Maybe he wants to come back to you later. Are you a rebound? A woman he wants to spend the rest of his life with after his foolish ways. Could you be his housewife? Taking care of the children - poppin' them out left and right, keep the house clean , and keep them fed?

Or maybe just maybe you could be apart of his everything; his world .
His ride or die , his wife , his lady.
Could you have what he needs be made for eachother? You would be faithful and stick it out for rich or poor through sickness and health.
Could you be his helping hand the one to build with him?

Would you have his back each and every step and stone? Hold him when he needs to be held , be his one and only? Could you share yourself with him instead of always compromising?
Could you be unforgettable?
Would you know how far to go and shut your mouth?
Could you be his peace and safe haven, or a trip away off the shore?
What does a man want in a woman? That is the question. Im just wondering.