Illmatic 6

~ You're the question and I'm the answer. You're the music and I'm the dancer. You're the lie and I'm the truth.
You're the evidence and I'm the proof.
Perhaps two souls such as ours were never meant to be but, words cannot describe how much you mean to me.
Like the moon pulls the waves to the shore
I held you so briefly once more. ~

Give Up The Ghost...

Silver Giani Versace open toe mules paced back and forth on anxious legs, graving dark marks in the Brazilian Oakwood floors. "Shit, 'Sweetness' continued to utter repeatedly whilst swirling around Crown in a shaky hand,
I fucked up." All these years of knockin' heads off she never missed ever!
Now she felt like it was the end of the world waiting for the call from her madam. 'Shit is about to get too tight for comfort.'

The razzled hazel eyed woman took the rest of the drank to the head as she came to terms with her fuck up.
Everyone scattered like roaches when the lights come on as all havoc broke loose. Screams came from every which of a way as, she let off more than four shots in the direction of deceit.
In the mist of her conduct she witnessed the falling of her target's companion as, he bugged to shit ;yelling for help. Thats when she knew.. she had fucked up.
She hauled ass like everyone else to the exit but didn't go undetected. They made eyes as she snatched the black fishnet mesh skimask off hastly.
He shook his head in disappointment already knowing what the business was.
Sweetness discreetly ran her index finger
along her lips in a "shh" motion.
This shit is personal.

"I got too emotional, she chastised herself breaking the first rule of the code that was embedded within. What the fuck
was he doing there anyway?!"
Bringing back her anguish as her tear ducts acted out; causing her to slam the glass on the marble bar surface.
"I'm so tired of this shit! Ooo, this mufucka yo!" Sweetness roared hoarsely wiping tears from her face.
"That dehydrated ho' was all in his grill and shit! Imma knock that bitch head off! Just wait... I shouldn't of-"

The slamming of the mahogany door to their bomb brownstone townhouse halts her rant. "Sweets baby where you at?"
her K-9 dog's voice projected throughout the house, dropping his keys in the bowl in the foyer. All types of wild scenarios played in her mental as, she swiftly glides back to the bar to pour another round of Crown to prevent big drama.

As he walked in the livingroom, the air gave off an eerie vibe with the exception
of 'One Woman by Jade' mellowing from the home sound system; that he skipped over. "Baby ya mans almost ain't make
it home tonight. Some clown ass nigga came and jacked shit, bullets flying shutting down Slim lil' shit." She chuckled slightly connivingly. "You didn't bust yo
shit back?" " Naw, it was too many muhfuckas in there B."
When did he ever give a fuck about how many people were in attendance?
Her G was a reckless one. That alone made Sweets even tighter because, she knew why.

He tried to come up to get some smooch but Sweetness turned her head dodgingly sipping her brown liquor. He caught her cheek instead "Yo, what I do? Why you being funky?"
He was so used to his wifey meeting
him at the door with lingering kisses and arousing nut grabs; the usual.
She pushed him back slightly to get a good look at his face. " Fuck was you doing around Slim ? You know we don't rock with him like that." She rolled her neck with each word. Curving his question of her hostility, squinting her tinted eyes waiting for him to lie. " I fucking know that. The nigga don't make me shiver, he shrugs, I was handling business."
'Business? Business ?!' echoes
through her eardrums constantly.

Each chortle of amusement that left
her mouth was bitter. Chunking the glass
making him duck splatters across the room. "Girl what the fuck wrong with you!" " You fucking dawg!
You must think I'm some kind of fool. Shoving ya tongue down that disease ridden ho' Ava's throat is business? What kinda fucking business is that?! Huh?"
He puffed up his cheeks blowin' out a breathe of guilt "Yo chill the fuck out
ahite, he clenched his fists to calm down,
Hol' the mufuckin' gun why the fuck was you there? You suppose to be home takin' care of our lil' shortie."
Sweetness was pacing back and forth once again.

"I was shootin' shit up! Whatchu' think I was doin' there! Don't try to flip shit on me yo this is about you."
Realization came to him with the quickness "Mufucka you tried to kill me!"
If smoke could evaporate from his ears they would as, he rushed Sweets pinning her against the wall near by wobbling family portaits. She had too much adrenaline pumping through her to feel the pain. "You fucking right I was you and that bitch. What business you got to handle with her?! I thought you was done with that bullshit. As usual you always fucking lying yo! Breeze Im so tired of you! Let me go!" She yelled venomly.
Breeze smacked his lips letting her go unfazed. She almost made him come out of hisself.

"Don't worry about all that shit yo. I'm coming home ain't I ? You talking shit but you doing the same shit! You didn't stop knockin' mufuckas off."
"I did stop! That wasn't even a job
it was personal." Sweetness sobbed
finally breaking,the Crown giving off it's side effects "Do you not understand that you're about to lose your family, B?"
Breeze shook his head waving her off.
"I don't wanna hear that shit man. Who the fuck was you shootin' at?"
"You know I can't tell you that."

He already knew that. Breeze knew
Sweetness wasn't being a thousand with him on everything.'The shit was shaky.'
"Well I'm not ready to get out.
How you think imma take care of us?
You just opened ya hairshop and, I ain't open my establishment up yet,
so deal with it."
He let off unruffled walking towards the stairs dismissing the conversation.

Sweetness scrunched up her face in infuriation "Where you going ?" Sweets breathes evenly controlling her sniffles.
"To bed." Breeze yawns in exhaustion climbing their cherry oak stairs.
"I don't need you in my bed dawg."
Breeze turned his head lookin' back at his woman amused. "Yea ahite."
Sweetness rolled her hazel retinas looking down at the engagement rock on her finger. Contemplating if she
wants to throw it at his big ass head.
'I hate him.'

Sweetness' cellphone rang in her lil' satin clutch alarming her. She retrieved it in moist palms remembering the real matter at hand. She cleared her throat
of any emotion before flipping it open to answer. "Yea." She muttered into the
receiver.
"You came through for me ?"
The light feminine voice thumps through anxiously.

---------------

Show loveeee 💜...