Chapter 3

PLEASE READ: This isnt a huge thing or anything like that, I just want some suggestions for the cast. I already have someone for Nick (Logan Lerman), but I need someone for Cameron and Damon (you'll see him soon). I was gonna do Emma Watsons brother for Cameron, and just tell everyone to picture him more flamboyant, but I wanna see if theres anyone more like Cameron. If you have an idea, state it in the comments.

OKAY, I'M DONE.

THE NEXT DAY AT SCHOOL:

Nick was late to class, but since his teacher loved him, Mrs. Hall just smiled and waved him to his seat. Not even twenty seconds later did the new kid walk in. 

"I'd like you all to welcome Cameron Nave. He just moved here from California, so make him feel welcome. Anything you'd like to share about yourself?" 

"I like surfing and cherry slurpees from 7-11." He smiled brightly at everyone, while most people just stared back, confused. But at the same time, they couldnt help but already like him. She grinned at Cameron then pointed out his seat. And guess who it was next to.

Cameron smiled at the sight of the boy he had run into earlier and sauntered over to his seat next to Nick. He sat down and leaned over a bit to his right to whisper, "Hey blue eyes."

"Hi," He replied quickly, then pretended to take some notes while he was really just doodling. 

"Whats your name?"

Nick put his pen down, frustrated that the blonde didnt take the hint that he didnt want to talk. "Why should I tell you? You'll just keep calling me blue eyes." He stared Cameron down, daring him to disagree.

"True," He shrugged, his grin never leaving his face. "But if I ever get serious- which is pretty rare- I want to call you by your full name. Gives a more intense vibe."

"Its not like you'll ever talk to me anyways." Nick looked away from his face, not wanting to see the question in his expression. Questions led to answers, and answers meant pain.

He frowned, making wrinkles appear on his forehead. "Why wouldnt I talk to you?"

"You'll find out soon enough." Nick turned his complete attention towards the lesson Mrs. Hall was teaching in order to distract himself from wanting to look back at the blonde once again. Cameron would see that people like him shouldnt talk to people like Nick. 

And he did.

*

He had stared at Nick all of class, and tried passing notes to him until Mrs. Hall scolded him for distracting Nick and the other students. But Nick doesnt think they were distracted by him passing notes. It was just that no one was used to someone as...um, glittery as him. But Nick could tell everyone would accept him easily just for being brave enough to be as outgoing as he was. And if that didnt do it, his irresistable charm would. Nick was almost faltering against his smile himself. 

The second class was over, Nick rushed towards the library. He would spend most of his time there when he had free period, and none of the librarians minded that he didnt even read. He just sat in a chair and stared out the window, thinking. 

Everyone was working quietly in the library, while Nick chose to hide from the tall new student. He wasnt ready to face the disgusted and/or accusing glare. While some people were more accepting about his situation, some werent. A lot of people actually pitied him, but many also thought he was just a waste of space. He wanted to believe that Cameron would still talk to him, and stay by his side, but in the end, he knew that would never happen. Trust just brought on more pain anyways. 

It hadnt been ten minutes before he felt a warm hand on his shoulder and a familiar voice whisper in his ear for the second time that day. "Blue eyes."

"What do you want?" Surely he knew by now. So why was Cameron wasting his time talking to him?

"Confirmation." Nick turned his head slightly to see Cameron sit down across from him. He raised an eyebrow and waved his hand, beckoning for him to continue. "Your dad...um, did he-"

Nick didnt give him a chance before cutting him off, knowing that whatever he had heard was probably true. The only good thing about the gossip in this town was that it was never lies. "Yes."

Camerons eyes widened and he looked at Nick guiltily. "Oh." 

Thats it? Nick waited for him to start cursing him, shoving more hate into his already pitiful life. When that didnt happen, he supposed that he would say he was sorry for disturbing him and leave. When he did neither, the least he expected was a few nosy questions, and then he guessed Cameron would just leave. But he stayed rooted to the chair he was sitting in and didnt say anything for a bit. 

The one question he did ask, surprised him. "Why doesnt anyone ever talk to you?"

Nick blinked, not really sure himself. There were many different theories going through his head, so he just listed them instead of picking one. "I've never really thought about it. I just guessed that they didnt because they were either digusted with me or just pitied my existance. Maybe they think I'm mentally unstable? I dont know." He shrugged, not knowing any other response. 

Cameron looked at him with shock marred across his face. "Disgusted? Mentally unstable? I could see pity, but why would anyone think those? Nothing that happened was your fault, and you seem pretty sane to me." He gave Nick a small smile, hoping that what he just said made him feel a little better about himself.

Nicks face burned with a blush, even though what Cameron said couldnt really be considered a compliment. "Thanks, I guess."

And then the bell rang, signaling the end of the day. They both walked out to the school parking lot together, and when they got to Nicks car, he stopped and turned around to face Cameron. It seemed that he was pondering an idea before he just shook his head and threw his bag into the backseat of the car. 

He climbed into the front seat and looked up at Cameron out his window. He thought for another second before saying, "Nick Reed."

"Huh?" He looked confused for a moment, not really understanding what Nick meant. 

"My name is Nick Reed." Cameron nearly face palmed at the obvious declaration of his name. Nick took one last glance at Cameron before pulling out of his parking space.

He heard one voice ring out from the rest of the crowd trying to get home as he drove off. 

"Bye blue eyes!"

Nick couldnt help but smile. 

I am SO screwed. 

 A/N: Theres not much for me to say except that I've edited this chapter in order to accomodate with changes that I have made with this story. A big chunk of this chapter has been taken out in order to drag the story out longer since a few people have asked me to make this a longer story instead of a short story like planned. I sort of agreed anyways since everything was happening way too fast. I hate it when things happen too soon. ANYWAYS, this A/N was mainly meant for those that have read the original chapter and may be confused. THATS ALL. 

<333