Chapter 19

OHMIGAWD, ITS BEEN FOREVA GUYS!

Anyways, I wont waste time chit chating, so do me a favor and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GO TO ANTHEM OF THE OUTCAST IN MY WORKS AND READ THE PART TITLED FOLLOWERS PLEASE READ. You dont have to be a follower to read it, I just needed something to catch everyones attention. I would greatly appreciate it if you would read it if you read any of my stories, for it contains a lot of information about them that I dont feel like repeating. SO PLEASE GO CHECK IT OUT. 

Nicks POV

As much fun as we had over the weekend, it was bound to end. Its not like we could just skip school and cuddle on the couch all day, watching Disney movies. Cam argued that we could, and as much as I wanted to just agree, he had already missed too much school because of me. 

So here we are, driving to school in his car instead of snuggling under a blanket while Simone and Pumba sing in the background. My car is still at his house, along with a few other of my belongings. I still havent decided if I want to move in or not yet, but I kinda already live there. We just havent really made it official.

"How are we supposed to act at school?" Camerons voice brings me out of my thoughts. 

"What do you mean?" I respond, slightly confused as I furrow my eyebrows at him.

"Are we still together at school? Or are we back to just friends?" He nods towards our linked hands resting in between the seats, not taking his eyes off the road. To be honest, I wasnt sure if we were really even considered to be 'together'. Sure, we obviously like eachother, but does that automatically make us boyfriends? I dont really have enough experience to know. 

I ponder it for a moment, and answer with what he doesnt want to hear. "I dont think you'll want to even be my friend at school," I can hear the sadness in my own voice as I spoke. "You're new, and you've made a lot of friends. Being with me will take that away, whether you're my friend or more."

He rips his hand out of my grasp, shocking me as he suddenly pulls over and slams on the brakes, causing us to lurch forward in our seats. Cars speed by, many of them are other students, heading to school like we should be doing right now. Instead, we sit in the motionless car. I dont look at him, keeping my gaze down, knowing he isnt happy with what I've said. 

Both of his hands grasp mine, and I can see him turning in his seat from the corner of my eye. He sighs and reaches forward when I still dont look up at him, taking my chin in his warm fingers, turning my head to face him. But I keep my eyes downcast, not wanting to see the disappointment and anger in his eyes. 

"Please look at me, Blue Eyes," He says, his voice surprisingly soft. My gaze hesitantly moves up to his, and I'm shocked to see him smiling slightly with warmth and kindness rather than disappointment and anger in his eyes. "Your beauty never ceases to amaze me," He whispers, causing me to blush like I always do around him. He moves his hand up to cup my cheek, and I lean into his hand, closing my eyes and smiling contently. 

"Why cant we be like this in school? I dont care about anyone else, I care about you. Let me show the world how much you mean to me. Please." He was pleading with me now, but I was still unsure. I didnt want to ruin what reputation he had managed to make at our school.

"I dont know..."

"Babe, I know you're scared, but can we at least try? I want everyone to know you're mine. I'm tired of Damon flirting with you, acting like you're just another item to collect," He spat out his name like it burned on his tongue and anger burned in his eyes. 

I was about to respond, tell him yes, that I wanted to be with him publicly despite the possibly conflicts that could occur, when I noticed the time.