Chapter 11

Okay, so I'm sosososososososo glad I could update tonight, but this is much shorter than originally planned. I hope you enjoy regardless though. But please LOOK AT THE AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END FOR PHASE 2 OF VOTING! I would love you forever :3

Camerons POV:

Nick and I ended up going to an IHOP about five minutes away from my house. Currently, Nick and I were seated at a booth; Nick is looking around with wide eyes, trying to capture every detail.

"Have you ever been to an IHOP before?" I asked, peering over the menu I was holding in order to see him. 

"I used to come here with my parents every Sunday," He mumbled under his breath with a sad smile on his face. The mention of his parents surprised me; I've never heard him openly speak about them.

"If you dont mind me asking-"

"I do," He snapped, glaring at me harshly. I frowned, slightly hurt by his irritation towards me. I understood that he didnt want to talk about them, but he didnt need to be so cold though. We sat there in awkward silence for a couple minutes, both of us avoiding eye contact with the other. 

He sighed and shook his head. "I'm sorry. I shouldnt have snapped at you. I just dont like talking about them," He lowered his eyes guiltily, and I smiled slightly. 

"Its alright hun," I said and reached across the table, gently taking his hand in mine. 

He stared at me with wide eyes, and I stared back into those gorgeous orbs, not breaking eye contact as I intertwined our fingers together. His had is cold, and somewhat clammy, but it still felt good to be holding it. Sure enough, Nick was as red as ever; His beautiful blush never ceased to amaze me. I grinned at him, for he hadnt pulled his hand back, and he smiled back shakily. 

"Are you ready to order?" The perky waitress with firey red hair asked as she approached the table. Nick quickly tried to pull his hand away, but I kept a firm grip on him, refusing to let his hand go. 

"Yes, we'll both have the chocolate chip pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream please," I told the waitress, not paying any mind to Nicks desperate attempts to get me to release his hand. 

She nodded as she wrote down the order on her pad. "And to drink?" She asked without looking up. 

"Milk for him, and orange juice for me," I grinned at her when she looked up, showing off my perfect smile (I dont mean to brag, but its pretty great). She smiled back and told us she would return with our drinks shortly- all without even glancing at our interlocked hands. 

"Why didnt you let go?" Nick asked the moment she left.

"I like holding your hand," I shrugged nonchalantly. "Why? Am I not allowed to?" I said with a raised eyebrow. He fidgeted under my gaze, looking slightly uncomfortable.

"Its not like we're dating," He said quietly, as if he didnt intend on me hearing him. 

But I did; and damn if it didnt sting.

"I guess you're right." I retracted my hand from his, already missing the way his cold hand felt in mine. 

"Camer-"

"So what do you want to do today?" I cut him off, ignoring him and he deflated slightly. "Well my mom will most likely dub you her third child, so be prepared for her to fawn over you all day."

"I-um, okay?"

I knew he was nervous about meeting my family and visiting my home, but I didnt want him alone after what he went through the day before. When I had first told him where we would be going after breakfast, he nearly had a panic attack. It had taken me ten minutes to calm him down enough to tell him that everyone would absolutely love him and he had nothing to worry about.