Chapter 21

Hello there, its been awhile. 

Why?

Not because I've been busy or hit with writers block. Nope, I'm just a tad disappointed with the response on Anthem of the Outcast. Sure, a few of you commented, which I really appreciate. I just wasnt getting the feedback I really wanted. I'm happy with what I got, but it all pertained to if there should be a sex scene for this story. I was really hoping to get feedback on the other stuff, but thats okay I suppose. 

Anyways, I do feel bad for not posting in so long, so I'm making up for it by making this super long AND adding a little something extra. 

WARNING: In this chapter, there will be sexual content between two males. Dont like, dont read. 

Nicks POV:

                People were laughing at my demise, pointing as they relayed the supposed story of what was happening to their friends who had just arrived. I could hear people agreeing with Damons words, a few even cheered him on as he got in my personal space and pushed me around. 

                Even when I managed to stand up for myself, the crowd remained rambunctious and loud, the noise not once ceasing. I felt a moment of strength and appreciation when  few students cheered me on as I spoke up in my defense, but it was short lived. 

                Damon slapped me, rendering everyone speechless as my head snapped to the right from the force of the hit. 

                I've been  talked about, ignored, and mildly bullied. But no one, not one person, has ever struck me. Damon had crossed a line and gone too far. Everyone could see that. 

                My hand went to my stinging face as I stared at him in horror and shock, his hand still outstretched while the other remained clenched around my arm. The tears were flowing continuously now, and I was unable to stop them. My mind was morphing this moment with my home invasion, bringing my locked up nightmares back to life. 

                All I wanted was to go home. 

                Not that house with the old blue bench and the haunting hallways. I didnt want to look at the old photos of my parents hung on the walls, the photos I didnt have the strength to take down. I didnt want to walk into the kitchen, only to be reminded that my mother wouldnt be there making her famous homemade cookies. I didnt want to pass by their old bedroom every night to get to my own. 

                I wanted to be sitting at the kitchen table with Cam, Abby, and their parents. I wanted to listen to them bicker and talk about their mundane days as we all ate a home cooked meal. I wanted to steal some kisses with Cameron when his parents werent looking. I wanted to complain about the people at school with Abby. 

                     I wanted to be with my family. 

                Suddenly, the crowd began to whisper as they looked at the arrival of a new person. I followed their line of sight and saw Cameron, and I practically jumped for joy. His stance was menacing, and his eyes showed feelings far beyond hatred; and it was all directed towards Damon. 

                With a strangled cry, I attempted to run forward to be with him, in the safety of his arms. But Damons grip just tightened as he yanked me back painfully, making me yelp and grimace uncomfortably. 

                Cameron shot forward not a moment later, carefully but firmly pulling me towards him as he ruthlessly shoved Damon away with his other hand. He stumbled and tried to regain his balance and composure while Camerons worried eyes scanned all over my body, searching for injuries. His hands fluttered above my skin, almost like hes too scared to touch me. With every bruise he happened to come across, his eyes would harden further.